Saturday, December 30, 2017
What to do next
So I'm kind of in an awkward situation right now.
Everything is almost finished, but I don't really have anything in a releasable state yet. I could string together what I have now and release it, but it would feel unfinished.
The biggest problem is that I don't have every girl's route quite finished yet. So if I release what I have, and you want a specific girl's route that isn't finished yet, then you'd be completely out of luck. That doesn't seem fair, so I'd rather at least get what I have up to a more complete state before releasing anything.
What I could do instead is release another demo area for now. There's one area in particular where I only need to finish one more CG and 2 more h-scenes before it's basically done. If you'd prefer, I can get that ready to release instead, and just release it in increments as I finish everything up.
I wanted to have something out this year, but that's obviously not going happen, and all I can really say is that I'm sorry about that. So now the question is, what do you want me to do for January? Do you want the next demo? Should I just release updates as I finish them? Or would you rather just wait and get it all at once?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the work you're doing! I don't mind waiting for the full release of part 3.
ReplyDeleteI'd rather wait for the full release.
ReplyDeleteI'm going for the demo man. Just because having something to play with, even if it's super small, would feel better than having nothing.
ReplyDeleteFull release for me!
ReplyDeletedo not worry about trifles)
ReplyDeletejust work at your own pace, and we will wait as long as you need)
the full version is good, but the demo will not be superfluous)
you can release a demo as soon as you find the development status sufficient, but if it is not convenient for you - you can concentrate your attention on the full development of the game)
we can wait, so you can focus on the quality of the final product :З
Full release. Best option for everyone.
ReplyDeleteDo demos
ReplyDeleteWell of course full release is the public choice you don't need to ask ;) , your work is priceless , but , when will the full release will be ready in your expectation ?
ReplyDeletei would rather wait for a full release, getting a small release (demo) would feel unsatisfying and leave me wanting more!
ReplyDeletehehe, i said release!
Heh, Dude...
DeleteFull release, no doubt
ReplyDeleteFinish the thing when it is done.
ReplyDeleteDemo. For the following reasons
ReplyDelete1-It will help us find bugs that you can fix.
2-I don't want to wait for the full version with no idea when it will be released. With your track record, it could be 2019 before we get a full part 3
3-A demo will give us something to tide us over
(._.).....
ReplyDeleteWould putting out demos slow you down in any meaningful way?
ReplyDeleteNot really. The demo area would be something I have to finish anyway.
DeleteIn that case, I definitely want to see what you've got so far in a demo
DeleteIm going to agree with Calvin here. Having demos out will give you a small army of QA testers to squash would be bugs that you may otherwise miss. While personally I would rather the full thing released, we dont know how long that will be either, so at least keep us updated when its close to cumming out :3
ReplyDeleteSmall demo. Not to big, just to sustain interest.
ReplyDeleteFull release, but maybe have some of the larger test builds posted here aswell as the Discord, just so that we can cover more ground, and have something available to everyone
ReplyDeleteDemo and Full Release would probably be preferable. That said, I can totally understand the argument for releasing as you go. If you were to release as you went, I'd jump on each release as soon as it popped up, but I'd feel a little guilty doing it :P
ReplyDeleteI would do the demo first to see if there are any bugs that need to worked out.
ReplyDeleteDemo for bug-testing and then the full nut.
ReplyDeletei would say full release because you can concentrate 100% for it. :)
ReplyDeleteDemos would be nice
ReplyDeleteTake your time, and release it in full later. A demo won't be helpful for bug testing, will it?
ReplyDeleteI'd rather wait for the full release. Havin' a demo is fine and all, but that'll just give an edge to people who just want the game for "the game". I'm sure, there's only a small % of people who would actually "play" the demo to fix the bugs. (By small %, I mean the testers.)
ReplyDeleteOr look at it this way, Persona 5 was supposed to be released in 2014. They took 3 extra years to fully finish it. Same as Cuphead, it was supposed to be finished in 2015 yet it came out in 2017. They all took more time but they had a great rating.
(Even if the demo comes out and there's bugs, there's still going to be bugs either way. Maybe not major ones, but still bugs regardless.) So, might as well be patient and take the time to finish promised game.
Oh and Happy New Year~
i would make sweet love to your keyboard!
Deletehappy new year!
I'd rather get the whole thing when it's done. But, I could get behind getting content as it's ready, either works
ReplyDeletePlease tell me Undine's route is complete.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
DeleteI love your work man its just so fun to play it, i cant believe its fan made the H-Scenes, the choices, the way you can actually interact with spirits, how Luka is OP the story and scenes the flaws of coexistence mentioned hell even i was able to learn something about Lucifina its just amazing and enjoyable, when i play it i feel like its an official release from author himself.
For such an great amount of content planning 6 parts altogether seems ridiculous but i really REALLY do hope you'll continue the project to the very end and i'll live to see the ending.
Doesn't matter how long it will take for part 3 or the full release, just please stay safe!..
(Edit, made some mistake ^^")
full release for me, i can wait.
ReplyDeleteCan wait form full release
ReplyDeleteFull release as we already have the demo, with some spoilers in it for those of us to see them. And this is mostly the orbs with Luka still having things to do before going north or seeing what Michaela learns. Not to mention the potential party members as I still want to see if Luka saves Emily this time in Lady's Village and if she asks to go with him.
ReplyDeleteEveryone is going on about bug testing but that's what the test builds on discord are for.
ReplyDeleteI was unaware we even had a discord, lol!
DeleteHmm, maybe the demo for the new area and then just the full release?
ReplyDeleteMaybe something little, In my opinion it's much more rewarding to get something really good after a long wait. I'd Say that you wait until you have all ready. Good luck btw :>
ReplyDeleteNow, I wouldn't mind a status update right about now.
ReplyDeleteI'm not trying to be demanding or anything but I mean, you ask us a question, we answer and you reward us with silence.
At least tell us your decision... and maybe a rough estimate when we can expect the full Part 3.
I'm used to waiting i'd rather you take your time man.
ReplyDeleteDont know if you've been around long, but he's already taken his time. Lots and lots of time. The release date has gotten delayed over and over and over and over again
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWe all have livelihoods to care about so what do you expect from him this project to be his life?, hes not getting paid or anything.
DeleteYes, obviously, but the fact no one is paying him doesn't make it any less 'annoying?immoral?disrespectful?' to keep posting release dates and failing to meet them.
Delete(I'm aware none of the word above are really appropriate. I think 'bad' would be a better descriptor)
Nope, since this project doesn't pay bills for him it means he's not obligated to fully commit and keep up any promises and likely can even just drop this project any time he wants and theres nothing you can do about it.
DeleteThe "disgraceful" or "immoral" is to pressure and expecting from indie Developer (whos not even paid) to keep up on date and not taking into account or simply ignoring his personal life circumstances - simply not being understanding.
Me personally if Ecstasy does plan 6 parts for release, then i am ready to expect it to be finished in late 2020 if not 21 but i know its gonna be worth a wait. :'D
So you think there is nothing wrong with Ecstasy failing to keep promises and lying to fans (albiet not maliciously) over and over?
DeleteWould you still think this way if instead of a dozen times, he did this a thousand times?
I would have no problem with him abandoning the project if he came out and admitted it. Its the constant raising and dropping of hopes that i find distasteful.
Also, your 'you dont pay money so you can't complain' argument seems really arbitrary. Lets say i paid 1 cent, a miniscule amout, could i complain then since im technically paying for development?
Just to reiterate, im not complaining about delayed development. Im complaing about the endless failed promises
"Promised" or rather anticipated because that's a major difference, also how many times did he failed in that regard? 3-4 times doesn't equal as "dozen".
DeleteAnd yes, you dont pay (glad you're so generous with your patronage) him so you cannot expect from single guy to just abandon his own deeds for a game thats not even beneficial for him in any way except just for random whiners like you to stay pleased over a game is going to take years to fully develop anyway.
Also, judging from your speech you're clearly selfish and ignorant, who would have finish the project if he'd quit? You? i couldn't really play a game made by another author 'cause its just not gonna to be the same and i really do hope he'll finish it because the story (from demo alone!) is so damn interesting and funny.
Patience is golden.
Holy fuck... The autism is unreal. Its like you read half my comment and blanked out the rest because your extra-smooth brain couldn't handle it.
DeleteIf you go back and count (hard I know) you'll find the project has been delayed AT LEAST 6 times. Part 3 alone has been in development for OVER 3 YEARS.
Also, these were not 'maybe's. These were actual release dates.
Just to reiterate (and dont let those brain tumours distract you this time)
I DON'T CARE if he abandons the project. WHAT I CARE ABOUT is the fact he keeps giving release dates and failing to keep them. Why can't he simply not give dates if he is going to fail over and over?
I dont know where the fuck you live, but in most places I know it's frowned upon to keep giving out deadlines/promises that you know you'll probably fail to meet. I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER if he simply did not give out release dates.
The funny thing is, Ecstasy acknowledged this was bad a few updates ago.
Before you start your autistic screeching about monetary support and real life obligations, just remember, im not telling ecstasy what to do. Im telling him what NOT to do.
(I put the important bits in capitals to help you understand buddy. Hope I didn't come off as too selfish, whiny or ignorant)
Words are silver. :)
Where I live bruh, i demand payment if i have to promise something otherwise feel free to whine, either way you fail to understand this is just his hobby and you care too much. lol.
DeleteJust 3 years? meh, could be worse comparing to Yandere Simulators delays, eventually if the scenarios are ready he'll just sting everything for the 2019 and yay, here we have all 6 parts rdy. ;)
Not only ignorant but also salty, slugs girls runs away!
Christ...
DeleteYou know, i was just memeing before, but I'm beginning to think im talking to legitimate downsie. What a rare opportunity.
(Either that or you're a 10 year old kid, in which case, get outta here boi)
I'll try to explain again, bruh.
Since he didn't get paid, Ecstasy doesn't HAVE to promise anything, but he CHOSE of his own free will to promise something, and he did this knowing he wasnt going to get paid.
A promise like that isnt invalid just because you dont get paid for it. It still carries a moral obligation.
You should try to keep the promises you make OR you shouldn't make promises you know you can't keep. It is immoral if you don't do this (immoral means bad btw)
I care too much? Not really. It was originally a throwaway meme but im legitimately worried that people like you exist. People who lack the capacity to understand simple concepts about morality. Im just watching out for you buddy. :)
Either that or you are some troll. In which case, wow. GG. You're pretty convincing at acting stupid.
I'm working on a demo now. It shouldn't be long (a week, maybe) before it's ready to release. I'll make another post to the blog when it's done.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to note a bug. For some reason, when I'm in battle mode it locks me into auto mode. It won't let me disable it or switch to skip (which is 500x faster then auto, which is amazing for a speedrun)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei heard you're sleeping with my girlfriend for a school project, i just gotta let you know, she has AIDs
ReplyDeleteJust for those who are unaware, Ecstasy told us in the discord that he's nearly done with the major parts of Part 3 (Major as in actual areas and story) It's mostly just CGs, Camp scenes, and misc dialogue. With all that said, he has 3 more weeks of Geology class torture before he's free to graduate, so for now, its going at a steady pace, just not as fast as we'd all love it to be.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to give an update to those unaware of what goes on. If you guys want, I can keep giving updates once in a while just so we're all on the same page.
Sure, why not.
Delete
DeleteThanks for the info.
That'd be nice.
DeleteSorry for bothering. But I want to ask for new Angel technigue. Because when you trasform you have to be stronger than in human(cursed sword) form. But after you got spirit you look stronger as cursed than angel. Especialy because of Vaporizing Rebellion Sword*Typhoon (SP 4) is stronger than Ninefold Rakshasa: Asura (SP 6). It would be great when you give you give 2 spirit to other technigue, not only Typhoon, prefeable Angelic Skills. And after you have Typhoon than elemental Spica is worthless. I thinked than after Luka got stronger Element Spica would have bonus ability to cancel enemy spirits. And why you can get refresh only when you fight with Bess. Cannot you learnt it in every fight with poison?
ReplyDeleteYou learn it in Succubus Village fighting Lilith and Lilim, then have it for those fights.
DeleteI know what you mean.
DeleteThere are some other battles before that where you get poisoned that you can't learn it from.
First off, I'd like to say that I love the work done here and I look forward to future works. Personally I would prefer full releases but I'll be happy and appreciate any and all content.
ReplyDeleteOn to more pressing matters though, to whom does the honours of the Gnome fight fall upon? My pimp hand hungers for thorough and merciless justice (Currently on 219 losses).
119*
DeleteAfter 137 defeats, I now know the taste of victory.
DeleteYeah...
DeleteThe Gnome battle is obnoxiously difficult.
I should have mentioned this sooner, but I've been posting test builds for the demo area on my Discord. I'm trying to post them as frequently as possible (at least 3 a week). So if you want to play parts of the mod early and help to find some bugs, then you can do that on the Discord server.
ReplyDeleteAlso, since I've been getting a lot of complaints about certain boss fights, I'm planning on playing through the game a few more times and rebalancing the bosses before I release it. There could be an error somewhere that's making certain bosses more difficult than they're supposed to be.
https://discord.gg/BEQKUJY
DeleteLink to discord
Can I ask please when you plan realese next version? I like NG+ very much.
Delete^
DeleteI went to the discord and downloaded the most recent build. i noticed that when you replay the slyph fight on the monsterpedia and defeat her via summoning the other 3 spirits then the game will continue going despite it just being a fight replay.
DeleteI assume you dropped the idea of another demo and are just finishing up part 3?
ReplyDeleteI can' see any other reason why there's been nothing for over a month.
The test builds are posted almost non stop on the discord.
DeleteI am aware of that.
DeleteBut he said that he is working on a demo and that he will make a blog post about it when it is finished. He estimated it to take about one week.
That was more than 5 weeks ago.
Have been waiting for part 3 for 4 months now any chance you'll post again explaining the hold-up in more detail?
ReplyDeleteGuys give him more time and be patient , and he must be have reasons behind what ya call a promise breaking ? But I with you about at least keep update with us about the game progress !
ReplyDeleteHe is not doing alot of progress atm, due to school.. he should be done with that soon tho, and are then able to go full ham on the game.
ReplyDelete