It's been about a month, so I figured I should make a post.
Progress is moving along at a fairly steady pace. I've gotten some CG done, some h-scenes, some fights, etc. I've been posting test builds every weekend on the Discord server that have what I've finished. If you're interested in those, then you can go there from the link on the taskbar. The builds do contain spoilers, though. So don't play them if that bothers you.
That's all. Everything's still on track at the moment.

Full picture (with some edits) is here, if you want it. http://notecstasy.tumblr.com/post/162699414427/main-sprite-is-done-at-least
ReplyDeleteAn elaboration on the Discord.
ReplyDeleteOnce you join, you'll be sent to the #pending group, which is there to filter inactive accounts. Show some activity and maybe mention a Mod and you'll get the permission for the NG+ chatroom.
tbh her eyes weird me out a bit. Sorry :(
ReplyDeleteBugsRUs, well I do agree a bit with you. Overall,Ecstasy, you are getting better and better in your art. I remember some of the other things, you have drawn and you are getting better.
ReplyDeleteThat said, if there is one thing that bothers me is Ilias eyes. I don't know why, but they seem a bit odd.
I know your drawing style is different from the original CGs, but I think that Ilias' eyes could be a bit better. Besides that, well done.
Remember, her eyes were huge in her original sprite, too.
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/hl0rYYk.png
I was trying to make her look more like she did in part 3.
https://i.imgur.com/5yxT4xR.png
Her eyes might be too close together. I'l see what I can do. If all else fails, I'll just redraw them to be like Micaela's eyes, which looks more like my usual sameface anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/0LwIAco.png
It's not that her eyes are small. I just remebered that she had 2 different eye colours (first and the third part).
DeleteAnd I am not saying they are bad, but maybe just too big. I don't know, it just seems a bit off to me.
Besides, I am terrible artist myself, so don't take it too seriously.
http://i.imgur.com/8BOvtfq.png
DeleteDoes her face look better here?
I think so. When I compare the original and the modified, it seems more balanced. Of course, it is only my subjective opinion, but I like it more this way. It seems more fitting on her.
DeleteThat looks more like the face for Black Ilias, for those who beat part 3 they know who/what I mean
DeleteIt has become a habit of mine to check Ecstasy's blog every month or so, for updates, lol.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, glad to know everything is going steady. Keep it up.
I honestly can't wait to play when it gets released, but since Paradox Part 2 got released a few weeks ago, I have something to do in the meantime.
More with this part 3 first, translation just started on paradox part 2 so I have it but not playing yet.
Deletehey man, i love how your work has improved, lineart/coloring/shading-wise, but you somehow still have a problem drawing eyes, you should try making them smaller and bit farther from each other, also decrease the pupils' size, they shouldn't take up 95% of the eye like that, it's kinda creepy lol, anyways please don't take this the wrong way and keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteI thought the eyes were wrong, too. But my friend specifically told me to keep them the way they were. I changed them now.
Deletehey man, i made a few edits of my own if you don't mind, i hope you find it to your liking
Deletehttp://i.imgur.com/oWPiThe.png
I appreciate you trying to help, but I don't think that edit's better than the one I have now. I'm just going to stick with the one I have now. Thank you, though.
DeleteHi Ecstasy,
ReplyDeleteUmm...I'm not sure if I should ask you about this.
But I just need some advice.
So recently I tried to play NG+ on my iPad.
(which I compiled the .ipa myself with the
newest ONScripter build(20161102).)
It turns out that ONS crashes every time when encountered
a 1-byte "?" following with "``", "@" and ">" mixed in on line.
The error was declared as:
"**** Script error, Array No. is not declared. [] ***"
Replacing or removing "?" would totally solve it though...
Also there appears to have lots of word wrapping.
Do you think it was some unsupported NScripter functions for iOS build,
(which the functions had been excluded during compiling stage)
or should I restrict to the old onscripter-en-20110628 version
(which may take advantage in 1-byte characters decoding)
I'm not familiar with NScripter,
and was thinking maybe you would know something.
It would be pretty nice if I could enjoy NG+
lying anywhere with my Pad.
Also I would apologize if this annoys you.
I've never tried to play MGQ on anything other than a PC, so I don't know anything about compatibility with other platforms.
DeleteI believe the version of Onscripter that NG+ uses is also an unfinished build. I'll see if there's a more recent build that I can use, but I can't fix that problem directly. Sorry.
Never mind, I actually found it fun researching on the ONS source code.
DeleteGuess there're still more investigations to do though.
Btw, is there anywhere we can get published Onscripter (.exe for PC) on the internet? Just curious.
I googled it and only saw some old websites. Was expecting some Dev.-communities or smth.
Anyway, many thanks for your reply :)
Gotta love your stuff. I've mostly just seen videos of your work, and I've followed the story closely. No clue where you get the skills to do what you're doing, but I think it's awesome! I know my comment doesn't necessarily blend with the rest here but keep it up!
ReplyDelete