Tuesday, June 6, 2017

New Patch (Monsterpedia Fixes)

This will never happen again.

 Some more good news.

I've gone through and fixed the bugs that were in the Monsterpedia. The game no longer implodes when you try to go back to the Extras menu (like in the screenshot). It was actually Daystar that was causing the problem. If you used Daystar during any Recall fight in the Monsterpedia, the game would break when you tried to leave. But that shouldn't be happening anymore.


If anyone's interested, I can go into more detail of what the actual issue was and how I fixed it. The bug itself and the fix for it are both equally ridiculous, and just go to show how bizarre nscript is. But the important thing is, it works now.

Thanks to the people who let me know about the bug and helped me test the fixes.

33 comments:

  1. I personally didn't experience that bug, but glad it's another one off the list of bugs with the game.

    Also, I've been thinking about something for a long time. Do you have everything already planned out for all upcoming parts or you're developing the story as you develop the game itself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the basic story planned out for all of the parts. Details may change as I develop them, of course.

      Delete
  2. This question was probably answered already, but I just want to make sure.
    Are you actually doing this project all by yourself or do you have a team, aside from some other artists', to help you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of my friends test things and proofread some scenes for me. Jiffic did about half of the CG. Other than that, I do everything myself.

      Delete
  3. I apologize for the bad English, so I will be brief:
    Found an error:
    Part 3
    After the game began to visit the pyramid -> in the camp appeared Chrome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. And one more problem:
      Sebas Castle
      Http://skrinshoter.ru/s/100617/IH5FHdcV
      1 way leads to a dialogue between Granberia and the guards
      2 way leads to the closing of the game
      P.S. By the way, I remembered that I already mentioned this problem with Chrome on a previous version

      Delete
  4. http://skrinshoter.ru/s/100617/WjVCVr1w and again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://skrinshoter.ru/s/100617/sWRZa8BL Repeated replica on the way to Kraken

      Delete
    2. Again, after the Battle of Kraken, in the camp
      http://skrinshoter.ru/s/100617/eeQnLULB
      More problems did not meet

      Delete
    3. For the Chrome stuff, it looks like Ecstasy left Chrome as the camp follower for the demo in the recent patch. The crash in Sabasa Castle must be because that scene isn't implemented yet.

      If you want to fix the problem, you can open 0.txt in the files, go all the way to the bottom of the file, and replace
      mov $party1,"Chrome"
      with
      mov $party1,""

      This will ensure chrome won't be the follower if you start the demo again. Optionally, you can replace 'Chrome' with another follower, like 'Harpy' to have them come along with you.

      Delete
    4. As a warning, reading through 0.txt can spoil you about things in Ng+ we haven't scene yet.

      Delete
    5. The issue has been fixed and the latest links (6/10 build) have been updated. Thank you for telling me.

      Delete
  5. Hey I found something really nice from monsterpedia wiki. Try fight against Chrom (the very first fight).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also find this helpful bug: In monsterpedia, use serene mind (or any other dodging skill) + daystar and hope that it won't get activated. If success, then leave the fight and move on next. Now any attack against you will be countered for free. This is helpful if you want to cheat on harder difficulties for win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I now know who sent Luka back in time...
    It was Aku all this time!!
    The signs are there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hum... why did the succubus village text turn into the fight against queen ant???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try to load a save? That can cause problems between patches.

      Delete
  9. so no Pei and Nibi for demo but somehow have chrome starting now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also trying to talk to her after geting the blue orb crashes the game

      Delete
    2. Did you download the most recent patch? I fixed that bug in the latest build, but it might not have worked.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I have the new patch and tried start part 3 when it happened, have not tried to load saves from part 2 yet but strange having Chrome when I didn't go to her mansion yet.

      Delete
  10. Monster Girl Quest: Paradox! Part 2 is officially out!
    http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ201109.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new photos look really good.Damn, I want to see new forms of six ancestors, Tamamo especially.

      Delete
  11. Translations for Paradox Part 1 are finally finished. Get it here: https://mega.nz/#!GAwmwQoS!0QLtFZMtCf3UHzwvu37O8BPMVXZ77-nQBOBD7-2gW_E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u mean most of the part 1 ^^

      Delete
    2. As much as can be expected from part 1 now that part 2 is out to start patching

      Delete
  12. I am glad to see the bug was fixed, also its always good to see more progress, keep up the awesome work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the game improving just fine thats thanks to u and ur friend hard work , but , can i ask about the release date ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I seem to have hit a bug. When I go to Enrika village and speak with Micaela, her image does not appear on the screen, although the dialog continues like normal. And when I go into her house to talk, the background remains black and other characters appear on the screen during the conversation, but Micaela does not. I have the full game installed along with the newest patch, so not sure what's going on. Tried reinstalling everything over from scratch but no difference.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. how do you get highest rep with Tamamo

    ReplyDelete