Sunday, May 7, 2017

Good news? I think.


 I didn't have time to draw something new, so here's a crop of an Ilias picture my friend sent me.



New post.

I know I've been pretty much dead these last few weeks, and I can only apologize for that. I was just really busy and didn't have free time for anything.

But that's over now. So I'm going to be working on NG+ much more within the next few months. CGs, h-scenes, battles, etc. Things should go relatively smoothly for the foreseeable future. I'll go through and reply to any unanswered questions on the last blog post as soon as I post this.

Anyway, there's another problem that needs to be dealt with. People keep reporting that they're getting a bug where Undine disappears from their skill list after they obtain her in part 2. The problem is, this bug should be fixed in the latest build (8/1). I'm going to go through and test it one more time, but it should be okay. If you are experiencing the bug and you aren't running the latest build of NG+, please download the 8/1 patch and apply it to your game. This will hopefully fix the problem.

In the future, if you need to report a bug, please say what version of the game you're playing (the date of the build should be on the window when you open the game up, so the latest would be 8/1/2016). This will help me keep track of what's been fixed and what still needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, I can't set it up so the game automatically updates, so everyone will be running a potentially different build.

That's it for now.

38 comments:

  1. i really happy to hear from you in this time , but if i may ask , what time you excpect the game will be ready to play ? cuz i rly diying to play it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure yet. I should have a more concrete answer in a few weeks.

      Delete
  2. Did you know that I check your blog almost dayly only to see when part 3 comes up ? That's how much I've liked the story you've been creating so far, not that I mind not getting a lot of updates but just to remind you that there are many people waiting to see what comes up next

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Esteban Lohezic agree. I just like the story a lot and the way characters interract with each other. Plus, you are the only who added compasionate sex to the game, which I approve off. Honestly, the fights with different monsters are what matter the least to me, since what I am looking for is a character development of your companions. MGQ Paradox tries something similar, but all it does is just give plenty of comments depending on the situation. Sure there is that affection bar, but Ama-Ama-Dango is just great for increasing that and it makes it very easy to increase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we possibly get more vore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC doesn't like vore dude. I don't either...

      Delete
    2. And I do. One of the reasons MGQ attracted so many people, the wide array of fetishes it caters too.

      Delete
  5. hey man, just found out about this project and i'd like to ask, how many parts is it intended to be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you extract those script files? I was hoping to edit the move sp in the original MGQ game as well. Side note, would love to NG+ mechanic changes brought to the original game as well. I dual boot Linux and windows, and I am unable to get the text to display in the original game under wine (a windows compatibility layer for linux) but NG+ works just fine. Too bad the NG+ exe can't run the original game as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind about not being able to get the text to display (was originally all squares), managed to get it to display), but would be awesome if we could run the original from the NG+ exe (with or without NG+ UI enhancements).

      Delete
    2. NG+'s script files are stored as txt files, so you can just edit them as is.

      The original game stores the script in an nscript.dat file. You'll need NSDec (I think) from this page to extract it to a txt file.

      http://nscripter.insani.org/sdk.html

      Delete
    3. Would I need to repackage the changed files back into nscript.dat file for original game or would the game allow the text files to override?

      Delete
    4. txt files override nscript.dat files in the game (as in, they take priority).

      Delete
    5. So sould I have the text file named as nscript.txt (or does the name matter(? Because when I used nscdec I only get one text file out of it with everything on it.
      Also learned to hard way not to specify the output file for nscmake, at least not if it's nscript.dat, otherwise it does a feed loop until you either forcefully end it or run out of storage space.

      Delete
    6. I believe it checks for numbered txt files only. So 0.txt, 1.txt, etc.

      Delete
    7. I see thanks. Also idea, level 4 Salamander regens 1-2 SP per turn. Just a thought.

      Delete
  8. Take your Time Is Beter a good game with Time than else a bad game with hurry. The good new is you continue with the project, keep the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to work on fixing the Undine bug (once and for all, dammit) this weekend. Hopefully a patch will be up, soon.

    I'm also going to add in some of the optimizations that I've made into the current build (as in, fixing some of my horrible code).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have plans for a pipe organ track to appear at some point? Pipe organs are cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Undine bug's been fixed. All I had to do was copy the skill menu code from the current build to the 8/1 patch.

    I tested it by getting Undine and then Sylph. Undine appeared in the skill menu and worked as intended. A new patch will be out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reeeeeaaaly want to play part 3 already. Get those fingers typing and imagination working! FANS DEMAND! PLEASE THE CROWD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience dude, patience. He needs to draw out some CG's right now. Besides, better perfect than half-assed. Good things come to those who wait.

      Delete
    2. I prefer finished first and polished later, I just need my fix of monster girl rape, maaaan

      Delete
  13. Is going very well with all the new CGs and everything else would not be also an option to change the audios like put versions like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIOg8NDvpB8 the original songs but with guitar piano and everything I do not think it would change the game environment much

    ReplyDelete
  14. https://www.mediafire.com/?2s253d3nge73m4d

    This should fix the Undine bug. I tested it, and it did work correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, Ecstasy, I just replayed demo and noticed some story fuckups like Tamamo saying that Luka is Ilias' son and angel halo being 1000 years old(in main game it's sugested that it was created by Heinrich 500 years ago). Just latting you know.

      Delete
    2. That definitely shouldn't be there. Can you tell me where exactly she said those things?

      Delete
    3. I tried to search around 0.txt version 8/1/2016 since I kinda got intrigued by Александр Потоцкий's comment... since i didn't find anything with these keywords " 1000 " or " thousand ", I tried my luck with 8.txt..... I got nothin' but spoiling myself....

      Delete
  15. A release date has been confirmed!
    Monster Girl Quest Paradox "Middle Chapter" comes out
    June 23!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Furthermore, Rouge has joined Dargoth's efforts in translating what remains of Chapter One. Hopefully they`ll continue this partnership for Chapter Two!

      Delete