Friday, April 7, 2017

Sketch for a new monster (and it's not even a trap! 8D )



New post.

Part 3's main story, save for a couple scenes here and there, is done. I'm working on finishing up the battles next.

I'm probably going to wrap up development in this order.

- Main Story (pretty much done)
- Battles (working on)
- Towns
- Camps
- H-scenes
- CGs (will probably be working on these throughout)
- Extra things (Monsterpedia, namely)

Now, my semester ends next month, so the pace should pick up significantly throughout the summer. I'm also sick of this thing not being finished yet, so that should help move things along. The main thing I'm concerned about right now is the CG.

I don't really have a problem with drawing out the CG that still needs to be made, but there are also a couple new areas in Part 3 that were never explored in the original MGQ. New areas should (ideally) have new monsters. But I'm not sure how people would feel about random new monsters being made for the game. Keep in mind, they would have little to no relevance to the main plot. They would just be there to fill out some areas, and as an excuse to have more sexy monster girls to fight and get raped by. And also, none of them would be traps. Ever. 8D

So, I was hoping I could get some input on this, whether people would be okay with me drawing new monsters for the game. I could just do what I did with Ririmu and Koakuma and take Monster Girl Encyclopedia monsters. But I really hate just taking artwork and using it like that, even if I'm not selling it.

That's all. See you next month.


48 comments:

  1. http://68.media.tumblr.com/c133ead9b1721db49305074646f2e7fe/tumblr_olbrdy9JS51rxlk10o2_r1_1280.png

    Here's the full picture of her, if anyone's curious. I didn't want to directly post it here, because Google gets a bit trigger-happy over pictures like this.

    Apparently, Google Chrome even had an NG+ release marked as malware for a few months just because of a Sylph picture on the blog that got deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say this. I don't mind seeing new monsters as long as they fit and make sense. Besides, majority of the orginal monsters were repulsive to say the least, with exceptions such as kitsunes. Which is why Ririmu and Koakuma are a nice change of pace. Although, I wouldn't mind if you gave some character to the monsters that were attractive. It's up to you really, depends if you want more ocs or not. Also, hopefully MGQ Paradox part 2 should be coming soon, so you may want it keep an eye on it. That's all I have to say, good luck but don't rush it, life is more important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Seeing some new monsters would be pretty interesting. I'm more intrigued by what the new areas will be since they're places not used in the games. But having some new monsters, in addition to some of the original bunch, would be a refreshing change of pace

      Delete
  3. Well, I'll be damned, an NG+ update.

    Anyways, I'm fairly cool with new monsters for NG+, to be honest. The more, the merrier.

    I actually really like the concept of using MGE entries for new monsters.

    *secretly hopes that more slime girls will be added*

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Monster would be awesome haha, do you plan on use any new monster from the Paradox game?? there are a plenty of good ones there XD
    also love the art, she looks badass =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to spoil much, but I'll just say "yes". Not too many, though.

      Delete
    2. Niice haha XD keep it up the good work man =D

      Delete
  5. If it has samesize vore of any type, I'm all for something new.

    If that isn't your thing (and/or you loath yo draw it) than I propose the following idea.

    A hugely breasted bestie in need of heavy relief from heavy-milk laden breasts.

    Obviously another bovine/minotaur character would suit this fine, but it'd be more hilariously perverted if it was a form of winged creature, driven to the ground because of their predicament. The bad end would feature mom-dom stuff with lactation (similar to Lovely Lilith and Larkin Love's content) as luka because the easy out to allow the monstergirl to fly. Perhaps an Eagle-girl?

    Or you can combine the two. Have a monstergirl with overproductive breasts due to an addiction to unbirth in humans and other monstergirl.


    However, there IS an efficient option that shouldn't take too much of your time: Monster Girl Paradox has MANY added monstergirl for you to snag.


    My final suggestion is a repeatable monster harassing luka, getting sealed, and breaking it like crab girl did. Maybe Imp, or something based on which heavenly knight you have in tow? I'm a sucker for boobs.


    In the rnd, whatever you decide, I'm still going to enjoy the whole thing immensely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't want to start accepting individual requests. The reason being that everyone had their own thing that they would like to see in the game, and it would get out of control very quickly. It's okay if you just want to post what you would like added.

      At the very least, I can promise that you'll get more breasts and lactation. I don't really like vore at all, and I thought the original game had more than enough of that at is, but it's not completely off the table.

      Delete
    2. And just like that, I am 110% for waiting however long it takes.

      Thank you for seeing things through this long.

      Delete
  6. New post? AWESOME KEEP ERM COMING.
    :3 luv you and thank for all the hardwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New monsters, for whatever reason, is always a plus in my book fwiw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly with the way this series has gone so far, I am completely confident that whatever you choose to do will turn out great. Also new monsters are always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was the trap comment a reference to the MGI fiasco?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me $20k on Patreon and I'll tell you.

      Delete
    2. Stay classy, Ecstasy.
      Keep up the good work at you own pace (Don't become a heretic on us, though).
      I'm neutral otherwise about adding monsters. If it happens though, It better won't be your MGQ's run of the mill unbirthing vore, /chaos/-tier monsters or some shit.

      Delete
  10. I would like the idea of new monstergirls, just dont overscope yourself. Try not to kill yourself by working too hard on something that is rather minor

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please, draw new monsters and don't use monsters from encyclopedia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welp, I felt like the CG's of Ririmu and Koakuma were just lazy. I know, their h-scenes were kinda awesome and all, but I just don't think they really.. "fit". So, yea, I'm hands down totally in, if you drew in new monster girls. I don't really care about the rape & h-scenes, I'm rather looking forward to them giving them a hindsight to Luka in his quest. "Please don't forget about us when you go save the big ol' world." That kind of stuff.

    Or at least, giving Luka some kind of optional, additional, but quite challenging exp. Like an Amira close where to win is not to fight, but "pretend to care to hear her chat" to win the fight. With some pop quiz thingies, like it appeared during Sphinx's questions. But it doesn't matter much if they don't make any relevance to the story tho. I'm just really looking forward to the full patch of part 3 being out.

    Oh! And what's your patreon? I should at least be able to give you support through my youtube channel so you get more attention. (What would really matter is to get more... attention, right?) Please keep on doing what you're doing and please don't rush it! My audience has been really impatiently waiting for you to make some new content. ^^;; Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually have a Patreon. That was just a joke. I don't want to take any donations until at least Part 3 is finished.

      As for optional encounters and bosses, I do plan on adding a few more later on. But I want to finish the main content in part 3 first. After that, I'll probably add in some extra things while I'm working on part 4.

      Delete
  14. I think I might have found a bug in the part 2 of the game. If you lose more than 2 times to sylph, her rep should increase. The problem is, when you go after gnome and then let sylph rape you the scene doesn't happen. I thought it was worth pointing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And another one I found is if you go after Undine, then after sylph.

      Serene Mind disappears, replaced with serene demon sword.

      So the fight becomes crazy hard.

      Delete
  15. I personally have nothing against you drawing characters. However, I'd probably prefer a mix? MGQ has always been a patchwork of art from different authors, so a variety of different art sources for a mod would feel just about right. Yours included ofc :3

    ReplyDelete
  16. As long as you feel it wont destroy the feel of the game, go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd be fine with Encyclopedia monsters, there's a couple really cute ones, like the Alice Succubus.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Has anyone noticed the recent outbreak of MGQ Tumblr blogs lately?

    ReplyDelete
  19. She looks like Micaela and Alice fused together.
    DOUBLE THE GRUMPINESS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do whatever your artistic integrity tells you my lad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. KEEP IT UP , IM DIEYING FROM WAITING AND IM VERY EXCITED NOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. The more the merrier I say. In regards to the actual source, I was pleasantly surprised when I encountered Ririmu and Koakuma, and would really like to see more additions from the Encyclopedia series, though I understand if you would prefer not to.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What's the song you used to replace the extras menu from the title screen? This one in particular that's named the same https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B8eqDQuwgDqjS21tcVd4U2lMZW8

    ReplyDelete
  24. Honestly, it wasn't so much the pictures that kept me interested in this project as it was the writing. I know the original translator of this game did his best, but all of the H-scenes were incredibly basic and formulaic. I rather liked how you were putting actual scenes together based on the images already available.

    That said, Koakuma is one of my favorite additions and I hope we see more of her in the next parts. I personally don't mind repurposed artwork just so long as the combination of art and writing go together to make a good scene.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, to be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed Ririmu and Koakuma. You have done a great job with these characters, I look forward to seeing them in Yamatai. I can feel a certain depth to their personality. Even if their appearance is borrowed it remains your creations, be proud. You did very well.
    Do as "Y O U" wish! More new characters or not.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know that it's a long time coming, but will you continue with monster girl goodness after NG+ is complete? I ask because I love what you're doing with MGQ, and I'd be thrilled to see more from you in the future! Can't wait to see what part 3 looks like when it's complete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after NG+ is finished yet.

      Delete
  27. I am happy about new monsters it means there is more tho the story.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome, can hardly wait for part 3!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Also I forgot to ask, how can you edit the sp on the moves? The data handling that isn't embedded into the exe file is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You have to go to where the skill menu is in the script, and edit it so the skill is only usable when you have above a certain amount of SP. So if the skill takes 3 SP, it should only be available when %mp>2 (I don't know why it's called MP in the script).

      Then you have to find where Luka actually uses the move and take the right amount of SP away. So in the above example, you would want the line %mp = %mp - 3.

      Delete
  30. Oi Ecstasy, I've stumbled upon a bug that is quite annoying, although I don't see any pages where I can see the known bugs and all. I'll just report it here.

    I just got into Undine's spring, defeated the Jelly girl, but before her battle ended, I went into the monsterpedia to see the slime's H-scenes for the keks. When I came back, the background and the cg's were black, so I saved, restarted the game, and when it changed screens once again, it apparently gone back to normal.

    Defeated the blob girl, passed through the blue slime, and when I got to Erubetie, I couldn't use any of my skills, because the option to use them simply vanished from my screen, and both Serene Mind and Fallen Angel Dance were unable to be used. Only Edging could be used. Sylph and Gnome were summon-able as normal too.

    http://imgur.com/a/Bq004

    Here's an screenshot to see what exactly happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which version of the game are you running? This is very important (imgur won't load at the moment).

      Delete
    2. The image showed that 8/1/2016

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is the 8/1/2016 version.

      Delete
    4. I'll have to take another look at it then, and possibly release (another) patch for it. Thanks for telling me.

      Delete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete