![]() |
| Crop for a new CG |
So it's been...a little bit of time since I posted anything here. I have been posting more frequent progress updates on the Discord server. But I know a lot of people don't like using Discord in general. And besides that, my server's...special, anyway. Blogspot at this point does feel pretty outdated, and I never really was a huge fan of it to begin with, but that's really no excuse. I kept telling myself I'd just make another Blogspot post when the update was done and then I could surprise everyone, but it's just not worth it. So I'll just talk about what's happening right now.
I had a longer post planned going into a little more detail about why it's taken so long. But honestly, I don't think anyone's interested in reading about that. Another time, maybe. But not now. Instead I'll just say, I'm still working on the final update to Part 3, and obviously it's a big one. Here are some of the things you can expect from it.
The Monsterpedia. I've fixed up pretty much all the issues with it. Request scenes work again (for NG+ monsters, original monsters will be fixed too), I rewrote a lot of the code to work better in general. I also fixed a bunch of bugs and oversights with both the Monsterpedia and the Records page. Did you know losing to Granberia by getting beaten to a pulp in the original game counted as an orgasm according to the records page? I'm not even kidding.
H-scenes. There's a lot of them. There are scenes – literally dozens of them probably – that I've left unfinished for the longest time, or finished them and just never managed to implement them. I'm working on getting those added back in, as well. New CG, too.
Camp scenes. Basically the same as above. More of those, too.
Party members. There are a few more I plan to add in the next update, including a couple secret ones. Ipeia and Nibi are returning too, don't worry.
New areas. This is more Part 4 stuff than Part 3, but I do have a few new and unexplored areas planned, and new monsters to go with them. These will probably be in smaller subsequent updates (that hopefully won't take two fucking years to finish)
In other words, the last Part 3 update is probably going to be the biggest one so far, by quite a bit. It's still going to take some time to finish. I have to draw a bunch of CGs, code fights, write h-scenes, test everything to make sure it works, etc. But once it's ready, hopefully it'll have been worth waiting so long for. And hopefully the next updates won't take such an excruciatingly long time.
It's obvious I was waaaaaaaaaaay too ambitious with my plans when I started working on NG+. I basically wanted to make a game that was as big if not way bigger than the original game...as a high school kid with zero programming experience, writing experience, art experience, etc. Yeah, there was no way that was ever going to work. The only reason it wasn't completely canceled 7 years ago is because apparently, I'm the most stubborn moron that ever lived.
And on that note, I'm still going ahead with the original plan. Nothing's changed with that. Still six parts, still an absurd amount of content. I've gone too far with it to go back on it now, so I'm just gonna keep working on it when I can.
TL;DR FINAL PART 3 UPDATE SOON PLEASE BE PATIENT.

Man, It's very good to hear from you. We will wait anxiously but patiently for the next update. keep up the good work you've always done..., oh, and please tell me there will be more vore and soul vore scenes with alma elma XD
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are still alive and have not given up NG+. After many years playing Part 3 demos, I look forward to playing part 3 with this final update.
ReplyDeleteYEAH! This is EPIC news, you know, it is better a game/VN that took its time and is awesome that a rushed one that is trash. so I´m glad that you are still doing it, just continue with the pace you want, but at least make a blogspot news a little more often, I though this would be deemed as dead soon if you didn´t posted anything in another year e_eU
ReplyDeleteThank you for still using Blogspot.
ReplyDeleteI'm one of those people who dislike Discord.
Thank you! I'm one of those that doesn't care about Discord, you can't find anything there, it's all a mess....
ReplyDeleteGreat to see this is still alive and given the length of the update it’s not a surprise it’s taking so long so don’t worry too much on that account. It’s true blogspot is fairly old and not as interactive as more modern sites but it’s where this project started so it’s nice to see it hasn’t been forgotten.
ReplyDeleteBased on all the new stuff you have planned, the next update is gonna be a hell of a big one, so take your time to work to work on it. You can’t rush these things after all and, for someone who started in highschool without any experience making a Visual novel, you’ve done damn fine for what you’ve gotten so far and no matter what else you should be proud of making it this far.
On another note, based on the crop of the new CG on top, I have to say your drawing skills are getting better and better with every new update.
Anyways, whenever there’s another update, we’ll see you then.
Well youre alive, and thats all what matters.
ReplyDeleteI didnt really expect this to even continue but since youve posted that confirms it you wont really abandon this project till the very end of the story regardless of how long it would take you to finish it.
Every masterpiece require time and rushing it is not something i would ever want from any game no matter how badly i would wish to play it, especially considering the past years of modern gaming failures which only proved me how disappointing it can trully be...
(Cyberpunk is the greatest example of it)
Even if someone else would have taken the project away from you it just woudnt be the same for me because in the end i am exited for the authors interpretation came across and i was always curious how much similar i am in terms of tastes with the person who arranged this story.
Or at least i could say... Theres still unfinished business left in the world of MGQ and its seems like youre the only one in this world who can show me the "truest" ending.
Or at least i wonder if Lukas mother is actually still alive or "semi-alive" because this final Evaluation made me question alot of things, aaand not to mention non-canon endings which made me question "was everything i actually did the right thing?"
In the end its all up to you for me to see how this story unfolds, and thank you for doing your best.
TLDR : Thank you for being our "stubborn moron" :)
ReplyDeleteYou are the most stubborn moron that ever lived for being able to do this for so long, Please don't give up and make sure not to forget the passion that made you want to develop ng in the first place
ReplyDeleteWhere can I find the Discord invite link?
ReplyDeleteNice to see that, was worried you dropped it completely. Looking forward to it)
ReplyDelete"special"... That's one way of putting it. Personally I prefer words like "ironic" and "disappointing". I won't pretend that it didn't leave a sour taste in my mouth for this project even if you believe it's all "just for fun",
ReplyDeletemad?
DeleteI recently discovered this game about 3 months ago, and the story was so compelling I couldn't have enough. Then I heard about this NG+ Mod of Monster Girl Quest, and I have to say that this mod is on par with the original game in terms of the story and plot. I really love how you have the option to interact with certain characters in the mod. Thank you for being a stubborn moron, and for bringing us this wonderful mod for so many years now. Please don't give up on this mod! We're all rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteHoly hell I'm glad I decided to look at this again.
ReplyDeleteWhere da hell is discord link ?
ReplyDeletenot working here