Friday, August 17, 2018

Info on next update

Can't go wrong with a cute Tamamo.


Quick post about what's happening next.

First thing. You probably already figured this out because I'm awful at keeping release builds and test builds separated, but the next area is Grand Noah and the Colosseum. I accidentally left it accessible in a release build when I was fixing other bugs. But it's gone now. That will hopefully be ready to release either in September or October.

Next thing, I've started (attempting to) uncensor the original game's CGs for the major characters in the game (knights, spirits, etc.). I'm not doing anything fancy, just removing the mosaic censoring. I didn't bother with anything like that before because I didn't think people really cared about that sort of thing. Turns out they do care. A lot. So you can look forward to some uncensored CGs in the next update, too.

That's all for now.

25 comments:

  1. Honestly, the decensoring cg is weird. I've never had a problem with it, and seems like those of us who like the mosaic are left out. Should focus on the actual story content and stuff first, have all the cgs done, and release an optional patch for them. Just feels as if you're pushing out less content and more things that aren't necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Optional patch is probably a good idea. I could probably just have it as a config option in the patch, whether you want the censored or uncensored CG.

      As for the content thing, this obviously isn't a huge priority. Just a minor thing I'm going to add gradually over time. The Colosseum update itself is coming along faster than Chrome's Mansion, for what it's worth.

      Delete
    2. You have it rough but know you can get things done

      Delete
  2. Well then, see ya in the December at best.
    not like i am trying being sarcastic or mean, just... yee, take your time pal. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'd actually be a DAMN good idea, that mosaic censoring always take out a bit of the sexiness/fappaliciousness out of MGQ's magic, something i've always never liked. Uncensoring it would make a VERY large impact and as such I am looking forward to both it and the next update containing the new areas, dead serious here...! <3 Keep up the hard work! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the hero we don't deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that a few extra things like new Gnome portraits have been released publicly, I can release those things I mentioned that I was waiting to include in the Fan Demo (Mostly just some things that have recently been added to NG+).

    http://www.mediafire.com/file/i66cr3e618auyj8/Monster_Girl_Quest_NG%252B_Part_3_Fan_Demo_%2528ver._8-19-18%2529.zip/file

    First, Gnome's mud bath special camp scene has been updated like the official build to include her new nude portraits.

    Second, Tamamo has a new attack she can use in her support, Flash Kill: Quake. This rounds out the knight's team-up attacks with Luka and his angel powers.

    Third, Ipeia's portraits have been updated and cleaned up (Thank you, Ecstasy).

    Fourth, I added the option to show Alice wearing her ribbon in her portraits for the Part 3 demo, which you can choose at the start of the demo. Why? BECAUSE I CAN. I tested it as best as I could, but with something like this, there's likely to be some remaining display errors with certain combinations, so let me know if anything looks out of place.

    I also cleaned out some of the unneeded files in the game folder to lighten the download, but it's still pretty big. As usual, I've been doing some small fixes and tweaks on the way. This wraps up everything I wanted to include in the Fan Demo. Thank you for playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.mediafire.com/file/cd8mukuf9mc7mh5/1.txt/file

      Here's a fix for a single typo that I missed, because otherwise it will bother me forever.

      Delete
    2. In typical fashion, I replaced the last fix after finding one more thing, but apparently it should be the same download link.

      Delete
    3. Played the fan demo and it was good.

      Delete
  6. first of all, sorry for bad english. i hope you can understand well.

    in my opinion, i do not have any problem from uncensored cg. so i hope you do not want to be burden much.

    by the way, i have a question. in the original game, there is a function 'beg' which is monster girl using technique what i want. but i can't use 'beg' choice in ng+.
    if it's not hard work, i would like request beg choice from battle scene.

    thank you for making this game, i really want to enjoy it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The choice you're talking about was removed temporarily. It will be added back in soon. Sorry about that.

      Delete
  7. Bugs:
    -The Queen Mermaid automatically counters Daystar even when using it for the first time.
    -Using Gnome doesn't give guaranteed critical hits when used in conjunction with Undine (they should stack, but instead Undine's inferior bonus replaces it).

    Critiques:
    I dislike how nerfed the spirits are. I get that the game needs to be challenging, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having mastery of the four spirits if that amounts to being equal (technically inferior) to a weak monster that happens to use just one or two fake spirits. Just a minor nitpick.

    Suggestions:
    -More ways to cut off enemy's use of Spirits.
    -More uses for the Spirits in general.
    -Balance the damage calculations for skills.
    -Move Fallen Angel Dance to the Summon-Sylph category.
    -Move Quadruple Giga to where Fallen Angel Dance was and make QG actually viable.

    It's the ultimate technique which is never even remotely useful (or available, for that matter). Perhaps a part of the story where Luka hones his skill with it or something. Basically summon each spirit that he calls upon should be enough. If he still gets hit, then the ability is interrupted and he loses the spirits and a turn.

    These are just my own personal thoughts for how to improve this. Even neglecting my critiques and suggestions, I will still appreciate the content this game provides. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you put quadruple giga on angel luka and place it under element spica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the consideration of removing the mosaics censorship from the original H-CGs.. I can't be a help now, but I'll give support through donation when I have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any chances of Nerfing Million Phase fights that take forever?
    Just have to ask

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casual Mode would be nice. Having the option for Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulty also works. If you edit the txt to turn on Debug Mode you can auto win battles yet that leaves all the rape scenes unobtainable... Cheat Engine can also be used to edit your hp, sp, and the enemy's hp

      Delete
    2. I want to "speedrun" this game, I think that those sorts of things would be banned. It would certainly be incorrect to do.

      Delete
  11. I want to report a bug, in the latest build, in the combat against Frederika and Chrome, Frederika takes 0 Damage from attacks, making the battle unwinnable. Can you solve that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nvm, the patch solves it, I am just a bit dumb sometimes

      Delete
  12. http://www.mediafire.com/file/s0qss7z7viiucyd/Monster_Girl_Quest_NG+_Part_3_Fan_Demo_Patch_%28ver._9-12-18%29.zip/file

    After a spark of inspiration, I came up with one more little extra feature to add to the Fan Demo, while we wait for the next update. An optional fetish system. You can reduce damage taken from every kind of pleasure attack except one, which will do much more damage. For balance purposes, only three kinds of attacks are available for selection. That way you can't pick an obscure kind of stimulation that only one fight uses and get free damage reduction with no trade-off.

    This feature isn't available for fights accessed from the Monsterpedia, so it has to be in a save. In order to gain access to the fetish system, you have to talk to a certain NPC in a town revisit, after triggering an H-scene with her. You can change fetishes at will by talking to the NPC again any time afterward. You can view the current fetish in the game menu, and there's a new count in the record for fetishes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I just found out today that the particle dissolve effect for monsters being sealed actually works, and it just needed to be called differently. I wasn't the one to figure this out, but I'll be damned if I sit on this for no reason.

      http://www.mediafire.com/file/cd8mukuf9mc7mh5/1.txt/file

      This should be the same link for 1.txt that I had before, but it's updated again, and it's the only one that needed to be changed. Now the particle dissolve works again for the full effect of monsters being sealed on defeat. Hurray.

      Delete
    2. I added the patch ver. 9-28-18 but it removed the Chrome update? Not sure if I did something wrong

      Delete
  13. I know this is a minor issue atm, but the lack of "nectar" for both the Red/Purple Slime Girl's optional H-scenes upon returning to Undine's Spring is kinda off-putting, especially given the fact that it's right there in the original trilogy's h-scene and yet the variations showing said "nectar" upon "climax" doesn't show... :< I'm hoping this can be fixed so that the scene is MUCH more immersive since the original scene with those slime girls always makes me melt in pleasure, especially for the Purple/Blue Slime Girls... <3 Also, the sound used for the vibrations is a bit off-putting as well, since any MGQ fan like me will know immediately that it's the sound Amphisbaena uses for her Vibration-related attacks/counters for her equivalent other of course. This doesn't need to be addressed immediately though, i'm just hoping a good replacement sound is used so that it doesn't resemble one that is the same sound as one of Amphisbaena's attacks/counters is all since i'm sure i'm not the only one who is wondering the same thing of course... ^^;

    ReplyDelete