Left-Right arrows and a Random button
A new patch has been released. This patch has various changes to the Monsterpedia. Someone on the Discord suggested I add a few features to make the Monsterpedia nicer to use. They seemed like good ideas, so I went ahead and implemented them.
- Left and Right arrows have been added (top right corner) so you can quickly flip between entries without going back out to the menu again.
- A Random button (the ? button in the middle) has been added. When you click it, it'll take you to a random entry that you've unlocked.
- Fixed the bad placement of the "Info Data Pose CG Recall" text. It's actually inside the page now.
- Fixed a few random bugs and errors within the NG+ Monsterpedia entries.
As for what the next area will be, it was going to be Grand Noah. But I decided to do Chrome's Mansion first, instead. So that'll be the next big update, which will hopefully be out in May. Colosseum will be after that.
That's all.

Great to hear it! The updated Monsterpedia is certainly nice, especially with all the new additions.
ReplyDeleteSo after the Haunted Mansion and Grand Noah, the remaining locations left would be Yamatai Village, Planesct Village, Lady's Village, Witch Hunt Village (man that's a LOT of Villages), Grangold, the Northern Sea, possibly San Illia and any original locations you add before setting off for Hellgondo.
Do I have that right?
So I found out recently that Witch Hunt Village is actually Lucia's hometown. I'm not sure how I missed this detail since it's right in her Monsterpedia entry. I guess I was just going by vague memory and figured it made more sense for her to be an outsider who got caught by Lily. So I shrugged my shoulders and rewrote some lines for the Witch Hunt Village epilogue in my fan demo to better reflect Lucia's backstory. I had some corny pretentious lines in there too, which I enjoy adding sometimes, but I decided it went a little too far here, so I toned that down as well. I also implemented the new Monsterpedia features while I was at it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/file/lyxyid1pha8u84i/Monster%20Girl%20Quest%20NG+%20Part%203%20Fan%20Demo%20%28ver.%204-17-18%29.zip
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAdding something else right away again. Typical. After looking through the Monsterpedia entries when I finished implementing the new features, I decided to redo some of them. Of course, I wouldn't totally rewrite them. I just added a few details here and there. I'm only uploading Monsterpedia changes this time rather than another full release zip since I am not a crazy person. If you want to check them out, just extract the ency folder somewhere and copy the contents to your 2Q\ency folder for your fan demo, copy and replace. These will overwrite the old entries, so remember to keep it separate from your normal folder if you don't want to lose them. The txt file goes into the main fan demo folder as usual.
Deletehttp://www.mediafire.com/file/58437meigfbi87h/Monster%20Girl%20Quest%20NG+%20Part%203%20Fan%20Demo%20%28ver.%204-17-18%29%20Monsterpedia%20Entries.zip
I really love your patch and the story it's providing, but I'm finding it impossible to deal with Queen Mermaid on normal. I'm trying out being without a knight so maybe that's doing it, but I have no clue how to deal with her second half of the battle. The stance cancellations she does come too quickly to recover, and a single round without Undine means it's a 1 hit KO.
ReplyDeleteFor those who have beaten Queen Mermaid without a knight, what did you do? I could use the help. Thank you.
can someone tell in the monstropedia whos is between erubetie and rimiru can t seem to find it
ReplyDeleteThat would be a... special character. I'm not going to spoil who it is but you can unlock their scene by requesting 15 evaluations in... part 2 I believe it is. In other words, lose to the Spirits 15 times, select evaluation, and you will unlock thst character.
Deleteah yes i remember seeing this one time thank you
DeleteI've been wondering what those new little details on the Monsterpedia were, thanks a lot for clearing that issue up! ^^ And i'm REALLY looking forward to the Chrome part, as I REALLY love her a lot, I really do... <3
ReplyDeleteAlso, I realize I may have said it before, but I TRULY hope there will be a way to save both Laplace and Promestein (I 'would" add La Croix [I won't spoil her real name to others, do not worry, I am not that foolish :) ], but given her origins, even I can see why she'd want to rest after realizing just what she is, but I suppose that'll be up to her "other" I suppose... :( ), since, with Luka having his strange dreams and all, i'm hoping there'll be a certain "dream" that shows him just what Promestein was trying to accomplish in the beginning, and to what awaited her for "rewarding" mankind with a mere "truth" that ILLiASS punished her for, so damn unjust... (I literally cry everytime I see that scene, I really do... T_T If there's ANYONE who deserves such "punishment", it's ILLiASS, seriously...! >_< ) I REALLY hope there'll be a scene like that, so that Luka can realize why Promestein did what she did and so forth, and hopefully, with that dream/knowledge, tries to find a way to save both her and her "protege" Laplace. I sincerely hope they can be saved in NG+, being dead serious here... :(
ReplyDeleteI encountered a very odd bug recently (I used my save(s) prior to the recent patch, if that's any indication of any difference from the prior patch and if you need to know specific details) and, well... the result speaks for itself... https://i.imgur.com/lq4RzeB.jpg (Note the "no damage" bit obviously, and before you ask, yes, this was done with all FOUR spirits summoned, since I know full well that in this fight there is to be no gradual summon due to how dangerous quick they can KO Luka with their combined attacks and as such I ALWAYS use "Quad Summon" AKA Summon All w/Devasting Gale variant at the start, so yeah... :/ )
ReplyDeleteHopefully this is just a bug related to saves prior to the recent patch that was recently released and, if so, I have no problems starting over from part 3's demo starting point, just thought i'd mention said specific oddity is all. ^^;
thank you ectasy as always its been a while since i checked out your work but il check it out!
ReplyDeleteI encountered yet another oddity (this time, I started anew after the recent patch, so as to ensure the last issue most likely wouldn't repeat itself) when I used Daystar (as usual, with the Water Spirit amplification) and while I recall it doing 2000 or more damage to the Beelzebub boss (same difficulty, Hard, with the recent patch, so shouldn't be any major differences that I recall from the previous patch) and yet now this happens: (note the mere "hundreds-worth" of damage, that's the oddity of course)
ReplyDeleteIf possible, please fix this issue as well as the aforementioned issue of when one tries to make contextual/typo corrections in the 0.txt file (since, as said before, I tried to, only to be greeted with that annoying "zoomed-in" bug after making the appropriate corrections and returning to NG+ ) since Alma Elma has purple hair, NOT pink hair, i'm not colorblind. "Seriously! Didn't anyone have a box of crayons when they were a kid!?" XD lol
*anybody
DeleteForgot to add the link to the proof picture, sorry about that... :< https://i.imgur.com/H250LYI.jpg
Also, dunno if it's considered normal, but the Serene State counter keeps going down whereas the other three remain where they are during Bind status. If someone can confirm whether or not this is a bug or not then i'd be appreciative, but given how abnormal it is, I would say it isn't supposed to be happening, though that could be me just thinking that and if so then I apologize in advance.
DeleteDamnit... It seems that the little "damage" issue isn't limited to just Daystar, but all other attacks given out from your side, i've recently noticed this with attacks other than Daystar, must be a bug of some sort since, i'm being dead serious when i'm saying that the previous patch did NOT have this issue.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIm following the game, and i dont know where i have to download the 3 parts of the game, if someone can help me i will be grateful
ReplyDelete(Part 1-3 of the game. NG+ if the part have and a bit help of how to do it)
Delete(and when i say "following", i mean that i played from some other page and here i saw all the work for patches and i think that bloc will be more trustly)
DeleteCheck the latest links box on the right side of the blog page. Downloads are there.
DeleteBeelzebub C takes 0 damage, once her health should go from blue to yellow.
ReplyDeleteYou see? I'm SO glad i'm not the only one who noticed this weird bug, seriously, it's VERY annoying and it REALLY should be fixed soon, as the patch prior to the latest one did NOT have this issue, please fix as soon as possible. :<
DeleteWell, for one, you never mentioned, that it was the Beelzebub fight, that was buggy (badum-tsch)
Delete*ahem* Actually? I, uh, DID mention it. Just look at my April 23rd post above (Stupid imgur links expired, otherwise you could see it in action in picture form. )
DeleteOh, sorry ^^´´
DeleteAlso, I probably made a mistake while extracting the files, since a couple sprites and Backgrounds are missing for me. I realize, this isn´t nessecarily relaed to this patch, but a little help with this issue would be appreciated, since I didn´t get a concrete answer anywhere
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of which, i've noticed that one of the "Second-Eldest" (naming her as such to not spoil to others of course, those that already know about them should know instantly who i'm referring to anyways) attacks shows improperly, as shown here: https://i.imgur.com/sd2b50H.jpg
DeleteIt seems it's meant to show a certain attack with an exclusive attack image similar to Alma Elma's Melo Sophia attack image during her fight in NG+, yet it shows as such. Most likely an issue that should be ironed out eventually I believe.
I cant get part 2 to work its not crashing but I loaded my save and I also did the part 1 conversion but nothing is working and im still getting alma.
ReplyDelete