A new patch has been released (3/31).
(Now with 99% less Maccubus)
Full Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hqpub4s5zppplee/
Patch Only:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cwcw1dn6m5jr0dd
A lot of people were reporting a strange bug where the screen starts up zoomed in. I'm not sure what causes that bug, but the latest patch seems to fix it for whatever reason. The CG for Astaroth's H-scene has also been finished, and has been added to the game.
That's all.
Also Chrome's Mansion is next.
I don't know how you managed it, but you put a goto for Maccubus' H-scene at the front of Astaroth's H-scene. I had a good laugh over that. Or I would have if Maccubus wasn't an unholy abomination that should never see the light of day, but that's just my opinion. Just a heads-up in any case.
ReplyDeleteI stand corrected. You did it for EVERY H-scene. As far as April Fool's pranks go, this is a pretty good one.
DeleteHmmmm i wonder if letting Morrigan be was a good idea....
ReplyDelete...probably not
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy game does not start. I downloaded both the full package and the patch,, tried using only the former and then patching it, doesn't work.
ReplyDeleteThe .exe starts, I get in the menu scree (not zoomed up) and there is nothing, just the pink MONSTER GIRL QUEST NG+ screen title and a black background.
Any tips?
You have to install it over a copy of the original game. Make sure you have a download of the original game and extract NG+ there.
DeleteOh, well, then I'm an idiot.
DeleteThanks for the quick answer.
So I did all that and the game is running smoothly.
DeleteI got one issue though: saving.
I arrived at the point after fighting Alma Elma where the game tells you you can save on the World Map by right clicking and I did just that. Then the game crashed and I gotta do all that stuff again.
Am I being stupid again? Did I miss something?
I'm not sure what would be cause of that. Does it only crash if you save at the world map? Does the game simply close or does it freeze up?
DeleteIt crashes no matter where I save, either the world map or any other scene. I get a weird error message, the typical little window with a big red X and some unreadable characters.
DeleteAre you missing the save folder? There should be a folder named "save" in the NG+ directory. If it can't find that, I think it crashes.
DeleteI just re-downloaded and re-installed everything and it seems to work now, thanks.
DeleteThe mod is fun, I like what you're adding to the story, I have one criticism I need to make though:
Get us an easy mode, or even just a "win" button on every fight. I hate the added difficulty, every time there's a boss fight I need several tries before I win. I get it, it's challenging and people like that.
I just want to see how the story unfolds and maybe jack off a couple times, having to try and try and try again to go through just one battle is tedious, boring and frustrating.
That said, impressive work, keep it up.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0dah6suvs7f3sfx/Monster_Girl_Quest_NG__Part_3_Fan_Demo_Patch_%28ver._4-2-18%29.zip
ReplyDeleteI decided to see if I could make requests work, and I did. Sort of. The issue was all the variables required for each of the moves, so I just sort of...ignored it. All of a monster's moves can just be requested from the start. The moves are listed on the Monsterpedia, but not tracked. Erubetie's request names have some display artifacts I can't seem to get rid of, but they still work just fine. I also added more detail to some of the defeat dialogues. So if you ever wanted to request something specific or edge and take a certain move, this should work.
I forgot to mention this last time, but I also removed any mention of Luka's name from Sara's battle dialogue in the Pyramid to reflect the fact that she's never met him before. The new Astaroth CG isn't included since it's a script patch, but you can copy it from the normal 2Q\chara folder to the demo's folder and it should work. As usual, remember that this is not an official patch, so if you want to try it, extract it into your fan demo folder.
Oh, and I could only manage requests for fights with a single monster. Battles with more than one enemy are beyond me for the time being. Apologies to the one person who wanted to request something from the Beelzebubs.
DeleteI am an idiot. Download this one instead if you want to try it.
Deletehttp://www.mediafire.com/file/sy3506679rr868t/Monster%20Girl%20Quest%20NG+%20Part%203%20Fan%20Demo%20Patch%20%28ver.%204-3-18%29.zip
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletenvm, I must have downloaded something wrong since it worked when downloading the patch again. Thanks for the update!
Deletehttp://skrinshoter.ru/s/030418/cKHO5aHh duplicate sprite before the fight on the beach
ReplyDeletehttp://skrinshoter.ru/s/030418/rNhapWrC one more, on the way to the source Undine spring
ReplyDeletehttp://skrinshoter.ru/s/030418/mqdiTJc3 The frame disappeared after talking with Undine on the lake
sorry for my english, but i found the problem in balance
fight against the Salamander, does not work protection during meditation and infection, despite the use of protection I get 100% damage, strange, in other battles everything was fine... this problem made it (almost) impossible for this variant of the passage (the first Undine, the second Salomander) 900 - 1.5k damage for every second hit is pain)
and the very ability of Undine has become quite useless since it disconnects often, the only way to get through without problems is the Gnome ... or you can hope for luck and the fact that 10 (or more) turns the ability of Undine will work as it should... this is unlikely, on average, Undine's ability persists for 2-4 turns
spent 684 attempts to pass Salamander using only Ondine and her ability (not counting about 10 before I started counting) ... too low probability of winning without Gnome
on the previous versions for this method of passage, I spent 10-12 attempts on the condition of bad luck, and in good times passed for 1-2 attempts
it's terrible to think how many attempts it would have been if I decided to go first)
scary 4 hours of pain)
I fixed the three bugs you posted. Thanks for telling me.
DeleteAs for Salamander, the balance was a little off with regards to the dodge rates on her attacks (if you have Undine, especially). It'll be fixed in the next patch. Sorry about that.
I lose to a knght like Granberia or Tamamo and get a Macubus H-scene?
ReplyDeleteIt has been well over a year (due to the fact that my PC has been inoperable), but now i'm back (somewhat and I am SOOOOOO glad to see that MGQNG+ is still going strong, seriously, thank you SOOOOO much Ecstasy, really... ^T_T^
ReplyDeleteI'm about to delve into the updates right now that i've sorely missed out on due to the aforementioned issue I had before, SOOOOO damn excited...! X3
Damnit... The aforementioned "zoom problem" is still present as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/6x1YdoB.jpg I honestly dunno why it isn't fixed for me, can it be that i'm the only one who has said bug...? If so, then I feel quite miserable... (especially since I seriously JUST got my PC back up and running a few hours or so ago thanks to someone who fixed it finally) :(
DeleteIt seems I figured out what the problem was... The problem was that when I go to fix the small issue in text at the "Pink hair, crazy horns" bit and replace "Pink" with "Purple" (since it looks in no way "Pink", unless my eyes are going that bad, which they're not obviously... >_> ), it reverts to the previous "zoomed-in" state whereas if I leave it as is, it shows up in its correct state, weird...
DeleteIf possible, please fix this issue as well since I like to make small contextual fixes on improper typos in the scenes and so forth and before I could do so without the aforementioned "zoom-in" bug that is recent with the latest versions.
As I said before, if you can figure out the cause of this unusual issue and fix it somehow then people like myself would be greatly appreciative. :)
Long time no see on here, sorry to hear you also had PC issues.
Deleteheh Yeah, it REALLY was annoying (and still have an issue with certain "lagginess" whenever I try to run Underhell ( ) from my previous C Drive. I tried moving my entire Steam folder over to the new C Drive to see if that would fix it, but I couldn't even start Steam from there for some reason, i'm hoping to have it resloved soon since i'd love to stream some Underhell and other stuff once I get said issue resloved. :) ) but, aside from some changes, most things are back in order for my PC fortunately. Thanks for the concern, it makes me happy. ^^
DeleteCan anyone please tell me how to beat salamander? I've got all 3 other spirits but I;ve spent the last 2 hours fighting her and losing (and its frustrating as all fucking hell!). Doesn't seem to matter what strategy I employ, she either forces me into a 20-min long healing simulator or I get 2-3 shot regardless of what I do. I really like this story, but I'm unable to enjoy it anymore because I can't for the love of god get past salamander.
ReplyDeleteWell... yes.. this fight is bs so forget about Gnome and Sylph, Undine alone is all you need, activate OP god mode called Serene mind lv2 (the one screen goes black and relaxing music is playing) and pray i say PRAY to the RNG gods she wont wake you up from this state.
DeleteWe used to have "easy" difficulty option before recent patch and this was the only way i could've beat her with Angelic Powers alone, but Ecstasy get rid of it for some reason. (why...)
A new patch has been released that tweaks the fight a bit to make it a little easier. http://www.mediafire.com/file/dvey78g1we6amw6
DeleteThe reason Easy Mode was removed was because I didn't think it helped much (All it did was make enemies do less damage). I could add it back in if people really want it.
DeleteThanks for the responses. I'll try those strats out next time I face her/get the patch.
DeleteOddly enough, earlier today I read on a guide somewhere that Sala is recommended to get first. Curious, I reloaded an older save and went after her before any of the other spirits.
And I proceeded to mop the floor with her after 3 tries. I don't understand... I ended up just staring at the screen in disbelief and questioning if I had actually tried last night for those 2 hours, or if I had just hallucinated the whole thing.
On a side note, I'm really enjoying the story for this mod. Kind of feels like a squeal, and the writing is very good. Good work!
It seems VERY hard at first, but all it takes is a VERY good amount of luck, but trust me when I say this... The Volt boss fight from Tales of Xillia 2 makes this fight a freakin' walk in the park in comparison, i'm being VERY dead serious here since I just recently refought and beat Salamander on Hard Mode after a couple of retries (I have to exit and reenter NG+ again due to the nefarious Serene Mind glitch that happens from time to time that makes it so that Luka can NEVER get hit, even on attacks that are usually supposed to always hit, so yeah... ^^; If only it can be fixed because, while it is indeed quite convenient for a glitch, it also REALLY ruins the challenge for me, honestly... DX And for people that like challenges such as myself, it just truly sickens me whenever that glitch happens, seriously... >< ) and it basically is a true battle of attrition.
DeleteMy strategy was to pray that Serene Mind dodges most of her first phase attacks and use the Guard+Meditate/Charge coupled with Nine Fold Rakshasa whenever I get to 13/14 SP with above half health and it usually chips down Salamander's HP MUCH more than Heavenly Demon Revival, really.
Again, I can't overstate this enough, if you're heading towards building your bond with Granberia like I am then you're just going to have to chance the battle of attrition as I did, and again, it was tough, but again, NOT as tough as that accursed Volt boss fight in Tales of Xillia 2, seriously, that shit was the stuff of nightmares, and it's not even an optional fight for crying out loud... DX So yeah, it's not that impossible, just use the aforementioned strategy I stated above and try and ensure your HP is high enough and only (and I mean ONLY) activate Daystar when her HP is nearly at 25% or fewer up, otherwise you'll immediately lose your 'ace in the hole' during the fight, so yeah... ^^;
I dont mind, i just wished for easy mode to be there when i was stuck with Salamander fight having only Undine alone after ive override my only save file. ^^"
DeleteSo after I finished Beelzebubs, I have nowhere to go. Literally all locations is COMPLETED.
ReplyDeleteSo..
DeleteIs that the end of a demo? Or i missed something?
Something tells me that the "second-eldest" (keeping it vague so as to not spoil of course :> ) isn't meant to be defeated at this point in NG+, since it seems pretty well impossible, though that could just be me. heh heh
ReplyDeleteAh well, I guess it's to be expected from their very Progenitor after all... heh heh heh... >:D
(took the liberty of replacing the fight themes with their proper songs from MGQP though of course, fits SOOOOOO much better as I expected. ^-^ (Glad I can still change the songs without that accursed zoom-in issue happening when I try to correct typo stuff in the 0.txt )
I was just wondering but, whenever you have a new release, should I just download the latest patch and place it in the folder or should I download the entire new release then drop the latest patch on top of that?
ReplyDeleteAs long as there aren't any assets added in the full update, then you'll be fine just downloading the patch. Usually if you need to redownload everything, I won't make a patch-only version.
DeleteHow do you import your save into part 3? I saved when Alma told me to yet when I start the p3 demo I'm several levels under what I saved with.
ReplyDeleteOr is importing saves into part 3 not a thing yet?
Just save when Alma tells you to. When part 3's finished, you'll be able to continue on from that point. The demo's still incomplete (although it's mostly complete now).
DeleteOh ok. Keep up the good work!
Deleteallow me so say that the game is awesome and might i give a suggestion to add more h-scenes where you can willingly have sex with the MG , one with alma would be nice but you get my point right?
ReplyDeleteThat's what the camp scenes are for. I've written a bunch of them, but I haven't gotten to fully implementing them in the game just yet.
Deletenot just the camp , in my opinion many mg can be used in that idea and i do have some suggestions
DeleteThere are consensual scenes inside towns if you go back to them (Succubus Village, specifically). There'll be more scenes like that in the future (unless that's not what you meant).
Deleteit is what i meant , the ones i know of are : 3 in sucubus village , erubetie +undine , salamader , tamamo , harpy queem , 2 slimes , mea , did i miss any ?
DeleteI'm confused as hell. I downloaded the latest version and the latest patch...and the game just ends after I get all 4 spirits and sleep, I don't get to do all the part 3 demo stuff that's been released, am I missing something?
ReplyDeleteSelect new game to play the part 3 demo. It won't automatically start the demo after part 2.
DeleteYeah, figured that out a LITTLE after I posted, clearly, I am a moron. In any case I played through everything in the demo now, and I still have like, a bunch of empty monsterpedia entries...am I missing something here?
DeleteTry going back to places that you've already completed. You also need to play through the demo with a specific knight/no knight to get a few of them.
DeleteCan't believe I didn't notice this earlier, but I don't think this bit should look like this... ^^; https://i.imgur.com/WhBq2v1.jpg
ReplyDeleteIt's most likely related to the aforementioned "zoom-in issue" that keeps popping up whenever I make a type/contextual fix to the 0.txt file, dunno why it looks as such, but even I can tell that it looks off, just thought i'd mention it and hope it gets resolved soon enough. :>
I wasn't sure if that was the official version or not, but I just checked it in my official install too. It's not a problem with the script. The image for that cut-in in the image folder is too large. Not much you can do besides finding it and resizing it to 800x600 yourself. Or you could wait for another patch.
Delete