Sunday, March 25, 2018

Monster Girl Quest NG+ Part 3 Demo Update (v. 3-25-2018)


Sketch for a new CG


Latest Release (591MB, use if you don't have 3/7 Update): http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jwwmynqxq2vk16/

Latest Patch (3MB, use if you have 3/7 Update or later): http://www.mediafire.com/file/o4i7uzi37kyv9gu/Monster_Girl_Quest_NG%2B_Part_3_Demo_Patch_%28v._3-25-2018%29.zip

A new update has been released for NG+. Here are the major changes.

- You can now play through part 3 without a knight.
- Three new h-scenes have been added since the 3/7 update.
- You can now keep your saves between patches without everything break, but only if you save on the World Map before installing a new patch.
- Numerous bug fixes
- Numerous typo corrections.

It's not that big an update, but I made a blog post about it for a reason. It is highly recommended that you download this update if you've downloaded any of the updates between 3/7 and now. Because if you don't, you might get some strange issues. I left debug mode on by mistake in Part 1 and 2. Bully me all you want. I deserve it.

27 comments:

  1. Neat, plenty of new stuff even without a knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know what the new scenes are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think theres a new scene for the Lencubus and Maccubus.

      Delete
  3. Wait, what exactly does debug mode do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on what the variable is set at.

      0 = Debug mode is off. Everything is normal.
      1 = Luka has 999999 HP and SP. Everything else is normal.
      2 = You skip fights altogther. You automatically win when it's your turn.

      I set this up so I could test things more efficiently. But I tend to forget to actually turn it off again before releasing builds. I'll try to be more careful about that from now on.

      Delete
  4. After updating, i have no more music in the game. Battle sounds seem to work fine, but other than that its dead quiet. Any idea why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This may sound like a dumb question, but did you check the BGM setting in the config menu? It sounds like it might just be set to 0.

      Delete
    2. Yeah i checked it. Playing trough some parts has shown that i do get some music, sometimes, but there are more things wrong than just the music. I had scenes with no sprites and a load of other problems. At this point i am sure i fucked up somewhere, but i have no idea where tbh.

      Delete
    3. Did you take the files out of the 2Q folder? You weren't supposed to do that. Just have the 2Q folder in the same directory as the game.

      Delete
    4. Ah it seems to work fine now. I took the files out because having just the 2Q would not even allow me to start the game before. I must have tried it in the wrong version the first time. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Man wanna go to Hellgondo <3 , Best of luck to ya Ecstasy love your work keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll patiently wait for the whole project to end before downloading anything ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question, it's been a while since I played this but who is in between Sara(NG) and Red Slime(NG) in the monsterpedia

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.mediafire.com/file/p3t1f8pauel440c/Monster%20Girl%20Quest%20NG+%20Part%203%20Fan%20Demo%20%28ver.%203-29-18%29.zip

    I wasn't originally planning to do any more content for my Fan Demo, but I decided I would integrate my demo with the content and mechanics of the latest official update. I modified it so you can choose which version of the Pyramid you want to visit, and edited the H-scenes for the monsters in the Pyramid so Sara doesn't show up out of nowhere, for whatever that's worth. The Witch Hunt Village location I added from before hasn't changed, but I made all the official locations, including Gold Port, compatible with my fan content. I gave Ipeia and Nibi much more attention in Gold Port to make up for their absence in most of the other locations. As usual, I left all the official content untouched as much as possible, save for some proofreading and minor references to my fan content when it's relevant. I tested this build as much as I could, but you'll probably find some bugs or crashes that I didn't. Thanks to anyone who checks it out and enjoys it, and let me know if you find any problems that I missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And right away I just found a single typo that's not worth immediately uploading a patch for but it's going to drive me nuts anyway. Damn it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Okay, screw it. I did a proper double-check and fixed some more typos and inconsistencies. Hopefully I won't need to do it again.

      http://www.mediafire.com/file/8f33god4fmgtgbb/Monster%20Girl%20Quest%20NG+%20Part%203%20Fan%20Demo%20%28ver.%203-29-18%29%20Hotfix%20Patch.zip

      Delete
  9. My game is zoomed in, even when it's on windowed help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What OS are you using? Some of the recent bugs have been OS specific and I can't seem to figure out the cause of this one.

      Re-extracting the zip file might fix it.

      Delete
    2. Update: Apparently applying the latest test build over the current release build fixes the issue. The test build should be identical (the only changes were to add a Monsterpedia feature).

      http://www.mediafire.com/file/l88xc95xojvh5mg/2018-3-28.zip

      Delete
  10. Awesome work, man! Just wanted to report a couple of problems I encountered: one, I think that the newest version of NG+ (the 3/28 one) is not working. There's some sort of visual bug that prevents me from seeing the entire screen in the game. I can only see, like, the upper left corner. I cannot see anything written on the second line in the text box, I cannot click on anything that's near the bottom of the screen. I checked twice on 2 different PCs and I got the same bug both times.
    Also, I wanted to report another bug that I encountered during the Beelzebubs fight. After I had killed off Beelzebubs A and C, I was about to defeat Beelzebub B and win the battle. I had prepared a Daystar to repel any attacks she might throw at me, but something went wrong... she used her restraining move on me, and that move ignored my Daystar, caught me and killed me. It only happened once, but it was a really frustrating bug.
    And another thing... not a bug, more like a request... Can you please give us a list of all the songs you've used for this mod? You've chosen some really awesome songs in this mod (and I'm not talking about just the Heavenly Knights' themes or the 4 Spirits' theme, there are other amazing songs as well), and I would really like to know where they're from.

    Many thanks for giving a little bit of your time to read my comment! And again, keep up the good work! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the zoom in bug, downloading the latest test build might fix it. Try this link. If this doesn't work, I'll have to look into it more, because I have no idea what could be causing it. http://www.mediafire.com/file/l88xc95xojvh5mg/2018-3-28.zip

      The Beelzebub B issue, I'll have to check. Thanks for telling me.

      Soundtrack list is here. https://pastebin.com/yjp5TxRS

      Delete
    2. I just saw that someone had already made a comment about the visual glitch. My bad.

      And sorry for being too persistent, but there are some tracks in the song list that are classified as "lost". Is there any chance you know where I can find the titles of those songs? I really want to know what the Succubus Village theme is really called. If you don't know, then it's OK. I guess I'll call them "MGQ NG+ - Succubus Village theme" instead of its actual title. xD

      Delete
    3. I don't remember where that one's from. Sorry.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete