Just an Eden picture.
Sorry for the lack of update in August. I honestly just forgot to post something and didn't really have much to talk about.
Anyway, I do have some more good news.
The guy who made the wordwrap patch (Hiroku) is now working on tools to make development easier. Specifically, a program that I can use to help create scripts for fights.
Coding the fights is by far the most frustrating part of making NG+, and the fights are usually the buggiest parts of the game. Up until this point, I've had to make and edit the scripts in Notepad++, which is absolutely terrible. A lot of the process could easily be automated (since it's just copypasted code that every fight uses), which is what this new program is doing for me. Once it's finished, making NG+ fights should be much quicker and easier, which should hopefully speed up development by quite a bit.
That's all for now. I'm still working on town segments at the moment.
Glad to hear about this program! I hope its finished timely for you. I'm very excited to play NG+, I was going to wait till you finished part three but since I just finished all three parts of the main mgq series for the 5th time I don't think I can hold back much longer haha :p. I'm curious what programs you're using to make NG+ as I am highly interested in making my own series of monster girl quest related spin off games using the same engine you've been using. Is there any websites or tutorials you could point me to? Another thing I could totally use is a way on how to extract all images from parts 1 - 3 of the base games and rip all cg images and sprite work from paradox so I can use the art in my games. Personally I was hoping you were going to rip and use some of the new cg from mgq paradox 1 & 2 hah. But one last question for you and I'll be outa your hair, I ended up buying an active drawing stylus to use with my touchscreen CPU and its not blue tooth connective, only powered, but its extremely slow and isn't precise at all sadly, I'm curious to know what you use for your cg art, I have one of those regular touch stylus but the tips very fat and I'd prefer something more like a pen or pencil tip ya know, what equiptment would you suggest I use? Thanks again for your hard work! Chase Sykes.
ReplyDeleteModding the MGQ script basically amounts to editing a 350,000 line plaintext file. As a result, I have to edit everything in Notepad++, which is extremely awkward and time-consuming. There was also no english documentation on how to actually use MGQ's engine, so I had to learn how it worked by just making changes to MGQ's script and seeing what would happen. I believe there might be a few tutorials on the wiki now, but I don't know how thorough they are. A lot of people have asked me about making their own MGQ spinoffs. But because of how awkward and primitive it is to actually do it, almost nobody bothers with it in the end. I can't really blame them.
DeleteThe CG for MGQ is located in the arc.nsa files that are in the game directory. To extract the CG, you're going to want to download NSAOut from here.
http://nscripter.insani.org/sdk.html
Download the program and run it in the same file directory that you have the game in. It'll extract the CG to a folder named arc. The CG's about 18GB in total.
Lastly, for CG. You're going to want a drawing tablet if you're serious about artwork. Regular touchscreens won't work very well because they don't have any pressure control (as in, you can't control the softness of your lines).
As for drawing tablets, I've only had two, and neither one is very good. The first one I had was a Huion H610, which worked well enough, but the Micro USB port you used to connect it to the PC was absolutely horrible. It shorted out constantly, and eventually stopped working altogether. The one I'm using now is an XP-Pen Star05, which seems to have better build quality, but the driver support is horrendous and the stabilizer (which slows down your on-screen pen strokes to smooth out your lines) is practically non-existent, which makes doing lineart a nightmare. You should probably ask someone else about what an actually-good drawing tablet would be, because I wouldn't recommend either of mine.
man im glade you finally show up a post its been a long time :)
ReplyDeleteCould you remove a bunch of those sound effects? You tend to overuse sound effects in all of the hscenes, and its annoying to have to wait for the sound effect to end before you can continue the text
ReplyDeleteLeft-clicking skips sound effects.
Deletebut it's a bother when you are trying to skip text.....and its off putting when you have sound effects going off 20 times a scene. minor problem, but still....
Deletei want to ask you something: how can i transfer my save file from folder to folder (i think i have an old version), do i need to copy/paste the "save" folder, or i have to do something else?
ReplyDeleteI think you just need to copy the save file (the .dat) in one save folder and paste it in the other, but I'm not sure.
DeleteOkay, Ecstasy, don't get me wrong I love the mod, but I feel like you put too much attention on the fights in general. I get that you want the game to be a bit more challenging, but honestly I don't think that is really that important. I honestly care more about different interactions, characters and their development. If I wanted challenge, I would play an MGQ:P on Paradox or something like Dark Souls. Of course, feel free to do however you want, but I feel like the story is far more important than some rape scenes. There are plenty of those in vanilla and in the Paradox itself. With that out of the way, I am not trying to discourage you or anything, but considering this mod will have 6 parts according to you, I am afraid that you will lose your urge to continue at one point. With regards, Ediros
ReplyDeleteI do agree with you on your main point here, but there is also just something special about those really bad ass climatic (no pun intended) boss fights. The fights are a big part of the game too, even tho the story is what makes it godly.
DeleteThe scripting tool will hopefully make developing the fights much quicker. With that being less of an issue, I can focus more on the story and h-scenes.
Deleteare you makin 3 parts like the orignal? or are you makin more parts
ReplyDelete6 parts are planned.
Deletedam, was planning on starting part 1 today but if theres 6 parts comming.. guess ill wait, sucks having to wait month for a new part once i've already begun^^
DeleteIts great news that a tool is being made, however has any date been sated for the release of said tools? I have found myself waiting for months and even years for some companies to release toolkits and world edits and what not, so im partly just curious and partly just a warning not to get your hopes up if no date has been stated yet. :3
ReplyDeleteSee my reply to PolarDog just below for the plans with regards to my tool-set.
DeleteSo, this new set of tools to make coding fights automatic seems pretty interesting... but will they be released publicly someday or have them been made just for NG+?
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to make my own sidestories for MGQ for some time now, but since I have work and college to attend to, taking time to follow the tutorials on the wiki and eventually learn to code them would be way too much time-consuming for me.
And there was supposed to be an automatic sidestory writer being developed, but it apparently died.
Since Hiroku is developing the tools, it's up to him when and if they get released. I'll post a link on the blog if he does decide to release them.
DeleteI'd be happy to release the tools (which I'm half-seriously dubbing NoScripter) once it's in a state I would call complete, but...
DeleteSince it was designed specifically for Ecstasy, there are some very particular variable usages and method references. The only place you would be guaranteed to have working fights designed through my tool is using the same base scripts that E is using (so basically making it a side story for NG+, in a sense). Some of the other things I'm adding to the tool might not be as broken but fights would certainly have questionable compatibility as raw MGQ side stories.
In addition, and this is an important note, even with the NoScripter there is still a fair amount of nscript code to write to make a functioning fight, so understanding the ' ' 'language' ' ' would still, unfortunately, be necessary. Still, a buttload easier than it was before, since the structure is automatic.
If you still plan on making 6 parts i wonder, will it just cover the the three chapters of the original game or do you intend to write original story yourself?
ReplyDeleteAlso should you not change the release date over here ->
now that you announced you are definitely going to release something i December?
6 parts..? ok i don't think you could honestly do that O.o most people would quit before being done and at rate this is going im guessing 2020 is when it will be done due to all life stuff and knows what will happen man but hey if you do somehow do it people going want you to make alot other stuff at least lol
ReplyDeleteIs there a list of credits for the new bgm that is used over the original bgm? I can't identify this song that's titled zukan.ogg that replaced the original zukan
ReplyDeletehttps://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B8eqDQuwgDqjS21tcVd4U2lMZW8
How's it going lately m8?
ReplyDeleteAt least you have someone who works with you on that project and that is a big help for you, especially if it is a reliable person, "unlike me". Because of that you can make such good even Excellent job on the NG+ and I really looking forward to the completed part 3 of the Mod.
ReplyDeleteBy the way is the part 3 will include the anime that released this year ? If not you can take it as a suggestion because the monster girl anime seems to have a good story :)
ReplyDeleteNot really a story at all, just some random dream scenes stringed together. The monsters mostly do not even have the same anatomy as in the games, the angles are weird and lukas seriously annoying girly wailing shows exactly why these kind of games never give their protagonist voice acting to begin with.
Deleteyeah faire enough :(
Deletewhat anime are you talking about?
DeleteThe OVA
DeleteThe part 3 will be release this year.??
ReplyDeleteI love the game
is their any news its been aling time ?
ReplyDeletestill on the project ?
ReplyDeleteHe is, just released another test build today
DeleteWhere? If you may.
DeleteTest Builds are released on Discord. The link to to it is on the right.
DeleteWhat I don't know though is if the test builds are just small fragments or full versions.
Thank you! And it is fragments.
DeleteI know that it takes time, but is there any chance that part 3 will be released in 2017?
ReplyDeleteIf you look at the previous posts you'll see that ecstasy said they would release part three in December. and if it isn't finished by then, they'll release whatever is finished up to that point.
DeleteOh, truly. Maybe I just missed this last time. Thanks.
Delete"I'm planning to have Part 3 completed this year. If I don't have it ready to go by then, I'm probably just going to release what I have and then release what's left within the next few months. So expect a new release in December."
DeleteNot sure if anyone reported this yet regarding the latest patch but I think I found a bug. When I tried talking to Chrome after setting up camp after the Queen Mermaid incident, instead of an error message or anything, the program just went and closed. Did anyone else have this happen? (I know it is a demo, but I'd figured that since Chrome was included in the party for the demo, she would have dialogue.)
ReplyDelete