Completely innocent picture of IF to grab your attention. Has nothing to do with NG+ whatsoever.
So about saving...
A constant problem with NG+ has been keeping your saves between different builds of the game, and especially between different parts. A lot of you have probably had this problem at some point, where you try to load a save on a different build, and you end up somewhere completely different. I think I've finally come up with a solution, but only for keeping your saves between different parts.
I'm going to release a patch soon that implements the fix, along with a few other touch-ups (namely replacing Queen Harpy's horrible nude sprites). Basically, at the end of part 2, you'll receive this prompt to save. As long as you save here, your save should work when part 3 comes out.
The downside to this, obviously, is that all saves made prior to the next patch probably won't work. But every save made from the next patch onward will work. It's not ideal, but I wanted to get this whole mess with saving dealt with before part 3 comes out. Replaying part 1 and part 2 isn't nearly as time-consuming as replaying part 3, so it's better to sort it out now.
That's all. Patch coming soon.
A constant problem with NG+ has been keeping your saves between different builds of the game, and especially between different parts. A lot of you have probably had this problem at some point, where you try to load a save on a different build, and you end up somewhere completely different. I think I've finally come up with a solution, but only for keeping your saves between different parts.
I'm going to release a patch soon that implements the fix, along with a few other touch-ups (namely replacing Queen Harpy's horrible nude sprites). Basically, at the end of part 2, you'll receive this prompt to save. As long as you save here, your save should work when part 3 comes out.
The downside to this, obviously, is that all saves made prior to the next patch probably won't work. But every save made from the next patch onward will work. It's not ideal, but I wanted to get this whole mess with saving dealt with before part 3 comes out. Replaying part 1 and part 2 isn't nearly as time-consuming as replaying part 3, so it's better to sort it out now.
That's all. Patch coming soon.
The picture of the save prompt, which is actually important but not attention-grabbing in the slightest.


Keep up the good work. We all are looking forward to the release :)
ReplyDeleteDo you have any rough eta or goal set for when you think it will be ready? I think I read something like the end of this year from a post a few months back? Just looking for your thoughts with current progress and all :)
I'll try to have something released by the end of the year, even if it's not 100% complete (most likely it'll just be some CG missing).
DeleteThe redone Queen Harpy edit is here, if you want it.
ReplyDeletehttp://notecstasy.tumblr.com/post/163086047317/this-is-the-fourth-time-ive-done-this-edit-for
The invite in Ecs description isn't working anymore, use this instead until he changes it
ReplyDeletehttps://discord.gg/Xd2rKj2
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deleteand when you do there is a pending page where you need to go through a bot message. missed using the corresponding # instead of write the class out
DeleteAbout the custom music tracks you've used for NG+, could you make a list of the titles and sources, as a blog post or maybe a credits page in the game?
ReplyDeleteThere's been a lot of times where I really liked the music and want to know where it came from.
Here's the full list.
Deletehttps://pastebin.com/s6DrGZv8
Keep in mind that many of the tracks are unused, and a few of them will be replaced. This is also based off the current build of the game (not the released build), so there are some tracks in there that you don't actually have yet.
I keep the old ones, like Granberia 3
DeleteHello Ecstasy, decided to create a blogger profile to ask you a quick question.
ReplyDeleteDo you think it would be possible to track which character you have the highest rep with? I tried adding two variables and writing a short script for it, but I couldn't seem to get it to work properly. Here's my attempt.
http://i.imgur.com/hR03inC.jpg
I think it would be interesting if getting a high enough rep with someone would start to influence Luka and he says different lines in certain situations depending on who he's closest to, sounding more like them. It would also be nice if you got different scenes with your highest rep character at critical points in the story, like changing who comes to talk to Luka after a major event. That would add a little unique variety to each "route" in the story.
Of course, you should just stick to what you decide is best to include or not to include, but I think it would be a neat idea to try, if not time-consuming.
Like everyone here, I enjoy your work and I am eagerly looking forward to the full release.
The code in the image looks like it should work. I tried writing something myself before looking at what you wrote, and our code was basically identical. One reason it might not be working is that you have everyone's rep set to 0, so the string variable stays blank.
Delete"I think it would be interesting if getting a high enough rep with someone would start to influence Luka and he says different lines in certain situations depending on who he's closest to, sounding more like them. It would also be nice if you got different scenes with your highest rep character at critical points in the story, like changing who comes to talk to Luka after a major event. That would add a little unique variety to each "route" in the story."
This actually happens already, just not nearly as much as I would like it to. More flavor text like that will probably be added when I'm almost finished with everything else.
Oh. Here's the one I wrote before looking at yours.
Deletehttps://pastebin.com/RCTiUL0q
It's exactly the same. The only difference is I have it default to Alice instead of being blank.
Displayable reputation bar? Sounds like a good idea!
ReplyDeleteDisplayable is not what I meant. That would break immersion too much and spoil players. I only mean that there can be small subtle differences in dialogue or some extra scenes after the game has internally calculated where the rep counters are.
DeletePerhaps adding a background of some sorts or a loud piece of audio would be better to grab the attention of players for the save prompt? Players might just skip the save prompt because it's a black screen.
ReplyDeleteOther than that, good to know the mod's progressing steadily, and that fix will be welcome. Good job and keep it up.
The new patch is up (Check sidebar for the link). All saves from that patch on should be compatible provided you save exactly where it tells you to.
ReplyDeletedo you have an ETA of when the full game is released?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAt the beginning when I battled the slug girl daystar did not activate when she attacked can you fix that
ReplyDeleteI'm having a weird problem with latest patch, for some reason Luka doesnt take any damage at all and literally one shots everything and everyone (that didnt happen on previous patch). I doubt it is supposed to happen since if you surrender you will end up in an endless loop.
ReplyDeletei can confirm because i have such problem, i can't reallu complain as this helps with playing part 1 and 2 quickly as my last saves didn't worked well with the new version.
DeleteI can confirm this too, first i was thinking that because of the high hp the small damage of the two tail kitsune was making the bar dont move at all, but when i surrendered to tamamo i didnt receive any damage from her even surrendering
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe new patch only lets you choose two difficulties at the beginning, Normal and Hard, but no matter which you choose, it sets it to EX.
ReplyDeleteThe EX issue has been fixed and the patch is being uploaded. This problem was actually fixed already in the current development build, but I had to fix it in the release build too.
ReplyDeleteI'll leave the EX version up if people would rather use that to get their saves ready for part 3 (saves won't be affected by the bug, or by patching in the fixed version).
I'm so excited for release you have no idea, I've specifically NEVER played NG+ so I could play through the whole game without having to stop and wait, I'm very excited haha. Oh if you need any help with cg work I've been practicing quite a bit using Photoshop CS6 extended, I usually draw them out on paper then go to work on Photoshop after a long high DPI scan. If you need any help I can see what I can do! I can email you some examples of my art if you'd like, just need your email address and I'll send you some by the end of the week :), thanks again and keep up the amazing work!
ReplyDeleteNot having any update after 1 month makes me nervous :x
ReplyDeleteI know right, I actually ordered a drawing stylus and offered to help with cg if he needed any, i just hope everything's going well
DeleteI'll make a post soon, within the next few days.
DeleteSpoilers: Everything's fine.