Waifu2x Power
Well, sort of.
I won't go into any details, but due to certain home problems, I'm planning to move somewhere else soon. Because of these problems, it's making it very difficult to work on NG+ at the moment. I should be able to work on it a lot over Christmastime. But after that, I have no idea. Sorry I don't have better news.
I won't go into any details, but due to certain home problems, I'm planning to move somewhere else soon. Because of these problems, it's making it very difficult to work on NG+ at the moment. I should be able to work on it a lot over Christmastime. But after that, I have no idea. Sorry I don't have better news.
On the development side, I'm working on getting each party member a moveset of their own. That way you can use them in battle like you can with the knights. That should be available in the next released update.
Don't worry about it to much. Real life always takes precedent, gotta make sure you do what is best for you.
ReplyDeleteI feel you. As an artist myself, I also deal with these problems that get in my way, but I always pull through. Though on my end, I strive for improvement and have my own projects planned in the future that I know will have many hurdles along the way. You have my support EC. And may the next update to Part 3 and those coming after, be as perfect as you need them to be, we're not going anywhere :)
ReplyDeleteOh ho ho... Just hearing the new features is making it SOOOO worth it, especially if it's building towards cementing a relationship for Luka, such as Granberia for LukaXGranberia (with Alma Elma being VERY close ^^ ) supporters/lovers such as myself and having so that others in the party temper their abilities makes it that much more exciting, makes me think of the unforgettable fights in part 3 where you temporarily took control of a Heavenly Knight fighting their respective Next Doll counterpart, such an unforgettable moment for each of them... ^-^
ReplyDeleteTake all the time you need EC, unlike that Gayben (referring to Valve's no. 1 troller for those of you not familiar with him ^^; ) that always talks about empty, fake promises of HL2's EP3 and so forth, at least you are being honest with us, so please... Take your time, it'll so damn well worth it as I said before. :)
Unlike Ecstasy, Gabe Newell and Valve would need to start from the ground and work their way up. Ecstasy has the benefit of having a pre-made game with pre-existing content and only needs to add dialogue, some custom cg, and manage to make the entire cohesive. Plenty of studios and such have had bigger issues than Ecstasy, so kindly don't talk out of your ass.
DeletePt3 of NG+ has lost more support and hype than MGQ3D and HL3 combined. If you had anything aside your own stupidity, you'd realize that.
All i'm trying to say is that at least EC is honest about his project and can answer a "yes or no" question about if it's still going and so forth, unlikely Valve which cannot even answer if there ever will be an EP3/HL3 in the future and it's been well over a decade by now and HL3/EP3 has become trolling-materal these days. It's not just me that knows this after all, pretty much everyone does, hell, they even made the infamous "Valve can't count to 3" meme and so far it isn't being disproven. But whatever, long story short: EC is honest when it comes to answering questions about his project.
DeleteI don't claim that I'm being efficient with my work on the project as a single person (because I'm not. At all). But other studios have more than one person working on the game at any given time, and they also get paid so they can work 8+ hours a day on it.
Delete"have had bigger issues than Ecstasy"
You don't know most of the issues I have because I don't post about my personal problems publicly.
I guess i'll stop about chatting up about Valve, just wanted to say that i'm grateful for all of your team's hard work and determination of seeing this project through. ^^
Delete@Orcone: Valve never explicitly came out and said "we're making HL3" and then never did it. Gabe has even mentioned that they haven't thought about it since HL3EP2 launched. I mean, either you're being intentionally, unapologetic-ally ignorant and trying to save face, or you really don't know what you're talking about.
Delete@Ecstasy: As I recall, Rogue didn't have the benefit of an entire translation team at his back or the option of doing his thing 8hrs/day. You don't even do any original art for the game outside Sylph's thing and the two succubus chicks. Most of the "new" content is either ripped from the original game and shoved into alt scenes or taken from Paradox (which, for anyone like Orcone too ignorant to actually fact-check, doesn't do what most rpgmaker games do and lock the cg into the game file directly). Not a ton of work required on your part. At best, 2-3hrs/day would allow you to release more content much faster.
I'm not gonna bother arguing with someone who has enough excuses to make Rick Myers feel embarrassed for him. Even /vg/ stopped caring a long time ago because the amount of content you released was less-than satisfactory to justify the wait time. Even Dargoth and co manage to release more content and they're just barely over the 50% line. THAT alone should make you feel embarrassed.
The entire point of the NG+ mod isn't to add art, or to translate lines, or any of that. It's writing a story. Basically fan fiction in mod form with the added benefit of (very) cool fights. I can count good fan fiction of MGQ on one hand with fingers to spare. It just doesn't have the fan base for much more.
DeleteNG+ is Ecstasy's project. The only reason it exists is because EC has the passion to create it, and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we are happy it exists. He could very well decide to delete this blog tomorrow and we would have to accept that, because it's his work. He is under absolutely no obligation to /vg/ or anyone else to do otherwise, and it's only because of his passion that he does not do so.
Ecstasy, do what you need. Do what you want. You don't need to provide any excuses at all, this is your work: no one has the right to order you around. Nor should anyone expect more than what you want to do. We appreciate everything you have done so far; just do what you want and what you can.
@Unknown
DeleteFirst off, while Valve indeed never came out and explicitly said they are making HL3, HL2 EP3 was definitely on the plate. And I personally recall, it was supposed to be out as early as Q4 2007, just a few months after the second episode. We waited and waited, nothing was happening, and no real statements have been made whatsoever to this day. I guess over time EP3 got lumped up together with HL3 by the fans since the amount of time they had all those years suggests they might as well be making a whole new game. But Valve being Valve, they decided not to clarify anything.
As for the MGQ stuff. Rogue was an anomaly. It is very, very rare that you'll have someone passionate enough that they'll work on something so much for complete strangers, without being paid a single penny. Dargoth and his team are trying their best too. And so is Ecstasy.
Our community is lucky to have so many dedicated contributors. This is what every group of people who are working on some kind of project should look up to, be they big or small, paid or unpaid. Raw, unbridled passion; and frequent communication with the fanbase.
Now, about Ecstasy. He literally admitted he's not being efficient with his work. He realizes there is massive room for improvement in that department. However, his life circumstances don't help one bit, and since he doesn't want to go into detail about them, it could be literally anything. So you have nothing to base your "his problems are insignificant" judgement on.
Sure, he could be lying about the magnitude of his problems, or just plain making them up or whatever, but take a moment and think about why would he even want to do so in the first place.
He isn't getting paid. No one has any stakes in him unlike your Myers guy. No one holds him on a leash and makes him dependent on their good will. Next, he doesn't even know 99% of his fans personally. They are just mere text on his screen, which he can get rid of at a click of a button if he so wished.
He isn't obliged to do anything. If he wanted to stop working on the thing altogether and left everyone forever with one last parting message, he would receive absolutely no repercussions. Sure, someone might get their panties in a bunch like how you seem to be here, but in the end one's feelings don't really matter in the real world. You won't make someone pay by just being angry enough at them.
So yeah, as you can see, he has nothing to gain by lying. Now, it doesn't mean you should outright believe him, but it gives you another perspective to look it at from, which is what I think you could benefit from currently. Instead of thinking he's next Rick Myers just because he delayed his project a few times and cared enough to inform his fans about it.
If the scenario where he doesn't actually have any real problems had been really true like you're suggesting, and the delays stemmed from something else, e.g. lack of passion/laziness, the most likely thing i think he, and anyone else would do is just go dark. Simple and painless. All these posts updating us on his status would seem really unnecessary and time consuming if that was really the case, since as established earlier there is no reason for him to suck up to anyone.
Unless... he actually DOES have problems and he DOES care about the mod and his fans? Well then. I leave it up to you as to what to believe.
Hey, when you said, "in the next released UPDATE", do you mean like for another Part 3 Demo update, or for the full finished Part 3 in general? I'm just wondering, not trying to bother you or anything.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure yet. I wasn't going to release another demo, but now I may have to.
DeleteLike testing the new skills part, Burning Phoenix Fire Wing and Tofu Mind sound interestng.
Deleteimagine that the ending of MGQ NG+ is like MGR Ending with luka ripped Illias's Heart
ReplyDeleteCan't rip out want she don't got *clap* HEY-OH!
DeleteBut still I'd pay to see that X)
HERETICS!
Delete"Heretics" with a fulfilling purpose... to show that ILLiASS bitch the potential of a world free from deities of any kind! (RoAW-like True End! ^^ )
Deleteand imagine Luka using Blade Mode, Zandatsu, Ripper Mode to all monsters (Zandatsu to recover his health and SP) including Illias and her minions
Delete...Except that kinda goes against Luka's policy about not hurting monster girls... ^^; But hey, that'd be good AU-wise though of course. :P
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Deletebut for illias and her minion is probably a good reason to use Blade Mode, Zandatsu, and Ripper Mode
DeleteJust a random question: What does Luka's companions (the spirits, anyone in his party) do when he lost the fight and got rape?
ReplyDeleteDo they just sit there and masturbate like Alma did?
Very late reply, but the spirits' connection to his body goes away when he's asleep, overcome with lust, or very angry. They can do nothing to help once he gets raped.
DeleteEveryone else just presumably watches.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Ecstasy, I've been meaning to ask... Where did you find a lot of the customs music tracks from? You've got good taste!
ReplyDeleteI just take the music from other games I've played. I usually try to pick something that most people wouldn't immediately recognize. Since I'm not selling anything, I can turn pretty much anything I want into an .ogg file and use it.
DeleteYeah, i've noticed a good few though from RPGs I know and love deeply though, such as RoAW of course (love that series so damn much, I truly do... <3 ) and I literally shouted "YES!" internally once the NG+ variant of Granberia's boss fight theme played and I immediately recognized the song. Oh... how happy you made me that day... i'll never forget it... ^-^ And I replaced the second NG+ song (the one that plays if you have Granberia with you during one of the camp events and she asks Luka to spar with her for a moment) with yet another RoAW song that really fits as well. (Please note that the aforementioned name is not the Official title of said song, just that it's one of those "hard-to-find" songs that I managed to "index" a long while ago in an extended version I found on Youtube a long while ago, just fyi there... ^^; ) https://clyp.it/1fmjwwwq ^^ It's with the pack I released on a previous comment thread like this one here, just a few topics back of course. :)
Deletethe track selection is awesome from Megaman to RoAW ost i love that i hope in the full release you keep that awesome selection of ost that is so good maybe add more ost like ost from MGR : Revengeance incl. Vocal Tracks like i mention before or other MGS ost or other games ost that you like
DeleteI happen to have saved MGR boss fight songs that start with their instrumental-only version (the build-up before the vocals kick in after certain stages in boss fights, like when Mistral is nearing low HP and so forth) and later with the vocals starting at just the right part in the song, just like in the boss fights, figure that'd be best of course. :) Here's an example of the "Stranger I Remain" song I replace Promestein's second/final form fight near the final boss fight of the original MGQ Trilogy, it's well-balanced and plays out like it does when one is in the boss fight of Mistral herself. ^^ https://clyp.it/jjkoiscn (just bear in mind that I myself did NOT remix these songs, so credit does NOT go to me for remixing them, I merely "indexed" them AKA saved them. ^^; ) (Also, in case you're interested in it as I was, RoAW is short for "Record of Agarest War". "RoAW" is just the abbreviation of it obviously. Such a criminally under-rated JRPG, all thanks mostly in part of its "different" fighting system... Ah well, more fun for fans of the series that love it dearly like me of course... <3 )
Deleteoh yeah almost forgot add also add the low key version for variation
DeleteOriginal poster here! Wow ten days late with this question... oh well! Merry Christmas.
DeleteAnyways, I'd be interested to find what games these tracks are from and then listen to the soundtracks. x)
I just started playing this and I have to say good job so far. Got on a gaming spree and played every variations of the mod (meaning, each knight and each choice) and the diversity was quite nice.
ReplyDeleteIronically, Gnome is the fight that gave me the most trouble, despite being stated that she is supposed to be weak, while I steamrolled Salamander, who is supposed to be strong (couldn't touch me at all :p)
The balancing of the bosses is just perfect, difficult and challenging, with some nice gimmicks to the fights... And the rest of the time I just use the 6SP move to clear the way, since I have a story to enjoy, no time to loose being raped. :p
The one thing I really disliked however was the way the Sara situation was resolved in the part 3 demo. I get that Granberia is potentially a waifu, but I would have liked an option to help Sara win her over, or, barring that, a resolution open enough that I didn't have to shot down the girl so damn hard. Here, the characters were basically saying to her "You are weak and will always be weak, so don't even bother trying to win her over because you are never going to be good enough" (Alma being the worst regarding this, that one scene in Sara's room made me greatly dislike her... even if I suspect that it was jealousy.) I mean, if the girl was willing to turn into a succubus, trained damn her to regain control (like Salamander allude to), then trained damn hard to become a competant fighter (as a succubus, she has time for that, since she will most likely be long lived... And it's not like succubi can only be competant at sexual attacks :p), she would have a fair chance at trying. (Not to mention that we saw lot of ways for her to become powerful during Luka's first journey)
Would it be foolish, dangerous and a real social suicide? Assuredly, but love and dreams are foolish like that.
Plus, I find the fact that Luka is the one to ultimately tell her to forget about Granberia hypocritical, when he was the one that started his journey ultra weak and with a foolish dream that anyone would have shot down. He also nearby got himself killed just as much as her. So... Yeah.
Sorry, I rambled a lot on that, and for what is, all in all, a fairly minor character, but it's my pet peave. I do realize that it's probably me reading too much into it, and that it would be too much work anyway, but I am as obsessed with strength as Granberia :p (Plus I am salty since I specifically didn't take Granberia at the start to let Sara have a shot at her. Not going to take Alma as she is annoying, nor Tamamo because I don't trust her... Well, Erubetie here I go...)
Well...when you phrase it like that it does sound hypocritical. When you look at the situation from a different angle, they do have a lot of similarities...
Delete-Difficult quest in mind that some would dismiss as impossible?
Check.
-As strong (or weak) as an average human at the start of their quests?
Check.
-Secret non-human heritage that gives you extraordinary abilities?
Check check.
Oh yea, and their powers can backfire terribly. Only that in Luka's case it would only cause harm to himself, where as in Sara's case it can harm others. Though this is perhaps the main reason why they would discourage her from using them. I mean, learning how to properly control it would take time, and the risk is always there.
DeleteI just thought of something, since in the mod Luka should have defeated Illias and gained a lot of experience how come his level is the same at the begining on the mod as before he fought illias. At least put him at 100.
ReplyDeleteThat wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, at all... -_- NG+ is set BEFORE ILLiASS gets her ass handed to her by Alice and Luka's combined Quadruple Giga attack, it even shows Luka's original level set at that point to be at Level 80, so why change it, honestly...? :/
DeleteHave you fogotten that dream that told him he already achieved his goal and brought peace, that he just have to do it again.
DeleteYou must have things a bit confused, I recall specifically that it was set before ILLiASS was taken down (the part where he just about starts the fight with her), not after. You must be referring to the part where he managed to get a successful Summit of all Monster and Human leaders alike to come to an understanding of who the real foe was all along and plan accordingly on how to counter ILLiASS's assault, but whatever. It doesn't show Luka at that level afterward as it STAYS at Level 80, even after beating ILLiASS, so why change it to an unbalanced Level 100, seriously...? :/
DeleteAfter you get two spirits the scene will play and it said he had already achieved his goals.
DeleteDoesn't really matter since he still retains Level 80 even after defeating ILLiASS in the original trilogy, see for yourself if you don't believe me.
Deleteyeah it was 81 but they didn't add anything as she was the last boss before, could start at level 82 but that's it.
DeleteIllias final form it's like Metal Gear Excelsus but in Excelsus you need to cut pieces of his legs and cut him into pieces
ReplyDeleteSo I was going for an Alice max affection run and after the second sex scene the other spirits (except for sylph) magically appeared when I didn't have them yet. Also, I hope your home problems resolve soon.
ReplyDeleteHer second scene is in the part 3 demo, you got the spirits back in part 2
DeleteThe second scene can be acquired in part 2
DeleteYou know, in the original game, there were some moments i've seen where Kingdom Hearts music would've definitely fit. I can't really list them, but I think it would be good for some KH ost somewhere in Parts 4-6 in the future, but that's totally up to you EC.
ReplyDeleteI don't want to use Kingdom Hearts music for the same reason I don't want to use Final Fantasy music. Everyone would recognize it right away.
DeleteYeah I suppose you're right, still would've been nice though, but I won't complain, it's your mod/game.
DeleteEven I agree with EC, KH gets WAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much love anyways, seriously, that's why i'm not much of a fan of said series due to how it chops up its characters' original backstories with watered-down replacement backgrounds in KH, honestly, it's just not right. :/ It's like how Disney/EA is slowly killing both Star Wars and the KOTOR series nowadays (the latter may now be dead thanks to those fuckers of course, just like with the C&C series when they killed Westwood Studios back then... T_T ), just isn't the same without George Lucas' magic. :(
DeleteI was wondering if you could tell us what part of the game part 3 would cover? Will it cover the entirety of Chapter 2? (Up until Monster Lord's Castle) or will we even enter Hellgondo by the end of it?
ReplyDeleteYou probably won't go to Hellgondo in part 3. There is still a lot of Sentora left to go through (Northern sea, pirate ship, fairy island, etc.). Hellgondo will probably be a point of no return for the next part.
DeleteI agree, Hellgondo was the mid-point in the original Trilogy after all and it should be set up the same way for NG+.
DeleteYeah, the place was more like a HUB than anything else at that point after your first visit.
Delete