This is Ririmu. She has nothing to do with this post, and this is the only SFW crop of the picture I can make.
First off, the update's done but I'm still getting bugs fixed. I also have to add in the new monsters' monsterpedia pages and make sure that's all working. It should be out some time this week.
The main reason I'm making this post is to take a poll. My friend was complaining about how I removed the Request option in NG+ fights. I didn't think anyone used it, and it's actually quite a bit of work to add every single attack in. I could add the option back in, if people really want it. But It would probably be one of the last things I add to the mod. I figured I should make a poll to see what people think.
Just vote yes or no. I'm not looking to see which option "wins". I just want to see what other people's opinions on it are.
That's all. Update Soon™

so is this update all of part 3 or just a new demo version?
ReplyDeleteMost likely the whole of part 3. He has been working on it for about two years, after all.
DeleteThe real question is... how soon is soon™?
DeleteDemo update. Sorry.
DeleteOn the bright side, it's a big one.
fml
DeleteYeah I played the main save after the 2nd demo was added and got some sneak previews. Like Ipeia reacting to sister lamia or Granberia joining the Coliseum. Should be interesting to see what happens.
DeleteI'd say it's fairly unnecessary. The 'request' option as it functioned in the original game was basically there to access certain images, scenes, or dialogue paths that happened once Luka was bound, helpless, or on the recipient of a particular attack/gets defeated by a particular attack, and none of your new monsters really have those that can't already be watched via the Monsterpedia.
ReplyDeletethis
DeleteI wouldn't mind having them back, but they're pretty much last-priority.
ReplyDeleteRirimu is my favorite monster of them all! :D
ReplyDeleteFull pic here. http://notecstasy.tumblr.com/post/146950473987/ririmu
DeleteLoving it :D
DeleteAre you fucking KIDDING ME?!?! I use the Request option more than I do the surrender option (having rarely touch it, like ever... ) when I am wanting to see some Fap-alicious (or "Hora-licious" for the few out there. heh heh :P ) time with a good Monster Girl I like, just not with the accursed ones like Black Alice, that's the last one I EVER want to lose to, really...! DX So yes... PLEASE make it return since i've missed it, I really have... :(
ReplyDeletereally? someone used request?
ReplyDeleteSo it looks like about 40-45% want the request option back. That's a lot more than I thought.
ReplyDeleteIn order to re-add the request option, I'll probably have to break saves again. This probably won't be a big deal, since saves are bound to keep breaking until the mod's done anyway. But it's just a forewarning.
And since it's so tedious to actually re-implement all of that, I probably won't get around to it for awhile. But at least now I know that people actually do want it back. It'll probably be one of the last things I do before releasing the full part 3.
Alright! Thanks SOOOO much for listening to the majority, you have NO idea how happy this makes me and others that want it back, really...! <3
ReplyDelete40-45% is not a majority. It is, in fact, less than a majority. You should be thanking him for listening to the minority.
DeleteSorry, that was my mistake and I apologize for not correcting it. I meant to to say "Minority". ^^; Again, I apologize about that...
Deletei would like to point out another mistake in your first comment, you never said "alma rules"
DeleteShe does, but so does Granberia, and you forgot to say that too. So ha! :D
Deletewell played sir, well played!
DeleteWhy thank you, i'm flattered, really. ^^
DeleteSlightly off topic but does anyone have a working link to an English patch for MGQ 3? Or just a file in general. All decent links seem to have been scoured from the Internet and the surviving ones I do not trust or try to force me to download extra crap.
ReplyDeleteOn topic, I did miss request, but it isn't as important to me as getting the full mod experience first. The story so far is really good and I'd prefer that to be finished before any extra features.
I have a mirror to part 3 of MGQ (with the patch applied to translate the later half of MGQ part 3 ), not the patch itself though of course... ^^;
DeleteDemo is uploaded. I'm just waiting on a final confirmation from someone else that it's not broken and is safe to release.
ReplyDeleteCheck back later today.
I'll do just that, looking GREATLY forward to it once again... <3
DeleteI'd code the request option in if there's an attack that losing to gives an extended h-scene.
ReplyDeleteIf there's nothing like that, then only do it if you have the time.
Completely unrelated to the post, but what is the name of the BGM that plays when you fight Sylph, can't seem to find it,
ReplyDeleteThanks :D