Saturday, July 9, 2016

Monster Girl Quest NG+ Part 3 Demo Update 3

...I hope.


Non-wordwrapped version (v. 7/9/2016): https://www.mediafire.com/?9ag0p5ds13ja83z

Wordwrapped version (v. 7/9/2016): https://www.mediafire.com/?zi413hnvqy0t4gh


Patches

A few notes.

- Saves are broken again. I had to add more space to make sure I had enough to handle request flags so I can implement it later. Sorry, but you gotta start over to unlock everything.
- Requests aren't re-implemented yet, but they will be.
- The rest of the Monsterpedia should work, and scenes should unlock correctly.
- Various minor bugs and issues have been fixed since last update.
- I may patch this later to add/expand a few H-scenes, and there'll inevitably be a few bugfixes, but this'll be the last major update until Part 3's done. In about 10 years or so.   
- I did my best to fix all of the mistakes before releasing this, but I can never get them all. So post any bugs and typos on this page please: http://mgqng.blogspot.com/2016/07/post-any-bugstypos-with-part-3-demo.html#comment-form
- I haven't used the wordwrapper yet. I'll test it soon or we can just test it right now.

What was added: 1 new area, 2 revisits and about 10 H-scenes.  Just enough to give an idea of what the final part 3 will look like.

That's all, have fun. Prepare for disappointment

169 comments:

  1. Thank you SOOOOO much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you intend to expand much on the angels, once that part of the mod comes around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok. Still have 2.51 if wanting to play agian as I like Pei and Nibi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This update was damn good, just finished a 4 full breakthroughs of the part 3 demo with each of the knights, it was amazing, also Erubetie is adorable, giving her a softer side towards Elle

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a slightly unrelated note; is there any chance we'll see some characters from Paradox? Like White Rabbit or Nero, etc. It would certainly make an interesting turn of events.
    If your still keeping to your idea of having six parts for this mod then there is still plenty of time to add them in at somehow at some point. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im sorry to tell you, but your username was taken

      Delete
    2. well as you might remember white rabbit serum was in part 3, but Nero and Neris won't be around as the 17th Aliphese when Alice never had kids yet...or Luka yet.

      Delete
    3. I suppose Nero and Neris not showing up would make sense, under the circumstances. But it would still be possible to have pretty much anyone else. Anadramelek, Reaper, White Rabbit, Marcellus, the Lilith Sisters, etc.

      I mean, you could include Paradox into the mod in so many different ways. It has so much potential for it, due to the whole alternate reality thing.

      But in the end, I just want to know if Ecstasy intends to involve Paradox in the mod or not.

      Delete
    4. I don't want to promise anything, since there's still a lot of work to do.

      But since it's basically free characters and CG, it would make sense to add a few of them. Character-wise, they would probably be completely different, though.

      Delete
    5. I'm glad to hear that your at least considering it. There's so much potential for them.

      But just what do you mean by completely different, exactly? It's a stupid question but I'm curious just how much you would change them.Their personalities or who they are in general?

      For example, White Rabbit is a very playful character and has the power to control time, travel between dimensions, copy and paste characters from other realities into the one she's in. Basically a God. But even more powerful than final Ilias.

      Would you change her to be more serious and decrease the amount of power she has overall? Just making assumptions here.

      Delete
    6. Since it would be taking Paradox characters and putting them into the original game's universe, they would basically be different characters. Like how the original game's Alice isn't the same as Paradox Alice, for example.

      It just means there might be differences between them.

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. I added a quick patch. You can get it in the description above. I'm indicating the versions with the date now, so that there's no confusion over what the latest build is.

    I fixed all of the bugs that were posted on the other blog page. One crash, a few typos, and a few small errors. Nothing too bad has come up yet, fortunately, so it seems pretty stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a...minor balance-breaking bug with Undine's Serene Mind Lv 2 (the SP draining one), you can actually use the "Charge" skill even if its grayed out,allowing you to cheese through some fights.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I posted a new patch that should fix that, and a few other bugs.

      Delete
  7. I have a save file that has all H scenes from part 1 and 2 unlocked, the part 3 scenes should be easy to unlock yourself. Just download this, unpack it and overwrite the files with the same name with it. https://my.mixtape.moe/whzljr.7z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: Download this and overwrite the relevant files to unlock all H scenes, including those in the demo: https://my.mixtape.moe/jfyauy.7z

      Delete
  8. Succubus Witch tells Luka that he has ambivalence in his heart. Can't she see that he's holding out for the Heavenly Knights? Or at the very least more scenes with Ririmu and Koakuma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means he is in conflict with himself about having loved Alice in a previous timeline but now finding interest in the other waifus.
      This ambivalence will either be resolved by choosing snek again or by rejecting her and picking a knight/spirit/party member instead. (In case you didn't know, anyone you can talk to at your camp regularly gets an ending)

      Delete
    2. Dang, I thought it was some Affinity gauge thing. Like, a representation of a hidden relationship value with the girls, with her given a "But no one had strong feelings toward you either." thing just because the relationship value defaults to 0 in the demo.

      That'd be down right Obsidian Entertainment of them to implement.

      Delete
    3. "I thought it was some Affinity gauge thing. Like, a representation of a hidden relationship value with the girls, with her given a "But no one had strong feelings toward you either." thing just because the relationship value defaults to 0 in the demo."

      That's actually exactly what it is.

      Delete
    4. If you actually look at the post of the 30 Dec, 2014, on the old blog, the post shows a picture where the witch mentions you have 58 women that have strong feelings for you.
      That makes me think, Luka is going to have quite the harem :D
      But also, it does partially show how relationship gauges will develop.

      Delete
    5. Looks like Ririmu and Gobs will both be at Enrira, strange that the youth is in the village before Luka helps them again.

      Delete
  9. First time playing NG+ (long time MGQ fan) is there a reason why some images are missing? For example: naked Tamamo if you choose to fight her in the treasure cave, some scenes with Granberia talking back in Iliasburg or just in general, Queen Harpy, etc etc. Or did I just do evrything wrong? (I assume Original MGQ mean the first MGQ game with all parts combined) which I obviously have done, or is it a well known bug or issue that cannot be fixed right now? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should also mention that even the starting screen is black instead of the blue sky background, I can't see Alma Elma's images at all when both fighting her and viewing her H-Scenes... any way to fix this?

      Delete
    2. Since a new Update just came out, there are bound to be bugs. It's hard to diagnose what exactly went wrong from your comments alone, so I suggest you should visit the IRC. The dev himself hangs out there and should be able to help you fix the game.

      I can assure you that what you are experiencing is not how it's supposed to go, the mod should be a clean experience.

      Why don't you try downloading the older mod version from the sidebar, maybe that will work better?

      Delete
    3. you need to put the files in a fresh monster girl quest 1-3 folder thats how u get rid of the black screen

      Delete
  10. Non-wordwrapped version (v. 7/9/2016)

    Wordwrapped version (v. 7/9/2016)

    Latest Patch (v. 7/10/2016)

    ...what should a take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second and then Third. Just copy files from third to game folder with mod.

      Delete
  11. In the Part 3 Demo, what has happened to my other Party Members( Harpy and Kitsune). Did I do something wrong? I've played through the whole thing from Part 1 and switched to Part 3 but they have disappeared from my party save. Did I do something wrong or are they not implemented in the demo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just not in the demo, I assume they'll show up again in the full version.

      Delete
  12. I tried load a part 2 save and it worked, guess they didn't all break :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. he said 10 more H scenes but i was only able to get about 8 can someone tell me which scenes where added so i can compare notes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find that out for yourself. When visiting the Monsterpedia, you can see how many monsters you missed by looking at the ??? signs and if you click on a monster you have and pick recall, you can see how many H scenes they have, locked ones appearing grey.
      By the way, I posted a savefile with all Monsterpedia H scenes unlocked here, just install that if you want to have all missing scenes.

      Delete
  14. Just a question. When you're fighting the Sphinx and seal her the first time she reappears. She then chastises Luka on his unwillingness to kill her and says:

    "Pathetic child... Those that show mercy are the last to fall!"

    Shouldn't it be "the first who fall?" it's not a big thing, but the sentence doesn't make much sense otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Ecstasy complain about this before, people always misunderstand that sentence.
      What he meant was that the merciful might defeat an enemy but will still lose in the end through their mercy, so no matter how strong they are they will die last in battle.

      Delete
    2. In that case, wouldn't it be more... easily understood if it was something like "will always fall in the end?" Which would mean what you said but more... obvious.

      Delete
    3. Damnit, man. That's going to be your excuse for every small error in the pyramid, isn't it?

      "It's a riddle!"

      "There's a deeper meaning!"

      Yeah,right. I would have totally done the same though, nice going.

      Delete
    4. Can you give a list of the exact pyramid errors? I want to fix them for the next patch.

      Delete
    5. Hello, this is archive of bugs i could find in piramid.
      And exept them there are all those of ordinal monster lose screen in first archive.
      There is not a lot of text check, but i added them from first archive.

      https://yadi.sk/d/L3OEcl23tGuqF

      Delete
    6. About translation i assked before: as i know there must be lots of work with transporting the game on new engine or adding funktion that can decome russian simbols.
      By the way, can i start writing the text wich could be used later?
      And, please tell me is it alright with the way i make reports about bugs, should i do something another?

      Delete
    7. *asked ("assked" - lol)
      *function
      (Sorry for mistakes and my English)
      (I should read before post messages, not after)

      Delete
    8. *decode(old mistakes...)
      Forgot to tell about story - in succubus village Granberia says that all succubi and vampires have red eyes - it is true but should it be said that other monsters have them(for example Erubeti, silver kitsune we can recruit, some of the plant and insect girls and maybe others)?
      By the way Lilith and Lilim dosen't have red eyes, so it is not obligatory.

      Delete
    9. With regards to the riddle. Think of it this way:
      Luka wins against Sphinx.
      Luka doesn't kill Sphinx.
      Sphinx eats Luka.

      But Sphinx isn't a bitch, so she doesn't do that.

      Replay the battle with Tamamo in part 1 of the mod if you still don't get it. And win. You'll see what I mean.

      Delete
    10. it means that people that show mercy are the ones to be tortured in the future for their decisions because theres always consequences for your actions say you let a murderer live that means that you let that murderer kill people in the future thats what it means to have mercy you hold responsibility for their actions

      Delete
    11. Pretty sure she's referring to the whole thing about the dragon seal trial. Those who show mercy are the last to fall: Sphinx showed mercy to her husband by allowing him to die, and is the last to fall, as she is living alone.

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  15. Hello, this is the same message as on other blog, i have checked all mod, but i for shure have missed some erros, there are lots of possible way of events. And i didn't checked text for good, but found some errors.

    This is link on archive with screenshots and description

    https://yadi.sk/d/cI_LNPaUtGUkV

    Please, if there is something not clear in description let me know, i would redo anithing that is needed.
    Alsso i didn't rechcked bugs on today patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the effort you put into this. But for future reference, a pastebin with the description of each bug should be good enough to work with.

      But thanks for the help. I'll fix these for the next patch.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, what do you mean by "pastebin with the description of each bug"?
      Sould i post description here, in comments or
      check the program code of mode for bugs or something another?
      Anyway thanks for the answer, i would try to check the text and anything i could miss, but it would take some time and it would be easier for me if i will consult with you about the sequences of the game.

      Delete
    3. http://pastebin.com/

      It's basically a site where you paste a wall of text and get a link to share with other people. Makes it easier to share large walls of text.

      It's what most people send me when they have a list of bugs.

      Delete
    4. Alright, thanks for the site, i will whait for the next patch and recheck everything. And are screenshots needed or just detailed decription?

      Delete
    5. A description should be enough for most cases.

      Delete
    6. OK, i will post the links on pastebin in comments on both blogs, i will wait for the next patch and start testing the game from beginning and on old bugs. Also i will try to check the code and if i'll find anything related to bugs i'll post that too.
      And - OK, screens would be if they are really necessary.
      Before the new patch i would try to play all mode normally and check the text, but i don't think that i will be able to do it for good, most of my time is spent on translating MGQ Paradox, i hope to make the same progress as it is with English by the end of summer. After i finish this i would like to start to write the translated text of your mod, so ask for your permission for this.

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly unrelated but is the bgm track of "field2_cut" an arrange of "Lullaby of Deserted Hell"? it just kinda felt crazy to recognize a track used in a game like this.
      As well as hutuu8 and shirome being Delita and Dycedarg's theme from FFT.

      Delete
    2. It's the field2.ogg music from Part 1 of the original game. Torotoro removed it from Part 2 on and replaced it with something inferior.

      I just added it back because I liked it. I have no idea where it came from.

      Delete
    3. Yeah he removed it as a song from Labyrinth of Touhou and didn't want to risk copyright issues.

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, more walls for text from Ecstasy! Just the way I like. Good job on this one. Looking forward from more updates in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the BGM folder for the mod, there's a .zip file called modified music. Is it just a decibel change as said in the .txt file, and is this modified music already in the folder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just decibel changes, I unzipped in a new folder and played them, boss3 and and boss4 are just boss4 at different decibels.

      Delete
  20. Tell me, why, when I start the part 3 demo is there no option to start it without a Knight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing as Nibi and Pei are not in the demo.

      Delete
    2. I currently suspect that there is just no dialogue for the two of them or for succubus village without a knight but I feel like the latter should be a priority considering the whole freedom of choice thing this mod offers.

      Delete
    3. I continued a save with Ipeia in my party, she flew in the air to help scout where they are for Luka. She also speaks up when sister lamia is following Ilias teachings

      Delete
  21. New patch should be coming today or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, I was busy with other things. I fixed a few bugs and errors.

    - Alma and Erubetie fights no longer crash the game when you choose to re-fight after losing.
    - Lencubus fight no longer crashes the game when you pick Evaluation.
    - Granberia's dialogue error at the pyramid camp was fixed (her lines change if you talk to her after talking to Sara).
    - Ririmu's fight is fixed now, too. I'm pretty sure. At least it's mostly fixed.
    - Evaluation code was polished up a bit. Losing to weak monsters won't get you the old Ilias evaluations anymore.
    - A couple other things I can't remember at the moment.

    Minor things, but still fixes.

    I'm also assuming that the Wordwrapper works correctly. A lot of people downloaded it, and nobody's reported any issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. word wrapper helped but some words still continued on a next line.

      Delete
  22. umm, I (mostly) completed demo 3 with tamamo as my knight on "hard" difficulty. but how can i unlock nero and neris? (i saw their names on comments and there were still question marks on my monsterpedia, i guessed it would them)

    and even though i wander aimlessly on the map there is a warning like "this is the end of demo 3" so did i miss something?

    pls halp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://i.imgur.com/zLUVCob.jpg

      Delete
    2. Umm. I can't tell if your joking or not. One of the missing entries is Slime Bess but I'm not sure what the other one is.

      But it's definitely not Nero or Neris. That much I can assure you.

      Can you imagine how stupidly op it would be to have him as a companion at this stage? ZA WAURDO!

      Maybe you should go back and read that comment thread again, dude.

      As for the bug... well, I can't answer that one I'm afraid. Maybe you reached the end of the demo?

      Delete
    3. ohh, okay. Thank you :) now I got "Slime Bess" on monsterpedia but I wonder which girl is the other one?

      Delete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello,

    First and foremost I would like to talk about how much I enjoyed MGQ, so much so that I just had to have more. So, I turned to the NG+ mod made by Ecstasy and I found it to be absolutely fascinating.

    That said, I have a bit of an issue right now. I downloaded the mod and followed the instructions for installation as stated on the pastebin. I can launch the game and everything works well.
    I got to Illiasburg and I decided it was time to save my game, considering who I was about to face. As I did the game crashed. I re-launched it and found that no data was saved and I had to start from the beginning.
    I then mingled around the files to see if, perhaps, I had done something wrong during the installation and found a file called stderr.txt. This file contained several lines and it ended with:
    "can't open gloval.sav for writing"

    I can concur that perhaps this might be the reason why my game cannot save states and it crashes when I try to do so, however, this is as far as my own wit can take me for I am ignorant beyond this point.

    This is why I came to your blog to hail anyone and see if, perhaps, someone could provide me with any assistance to my problem.

    I appreciate any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, i am not shure if it will help, but try to replace some of your game files with those from archive on the link.

      https://yadi.sk/d/BXx4LsHftMzj7

      There are quite all game files exept music/sound effects and big in-game archives, they are from my copy of the game. Maybe saves should work fine, i have no problems with them. To be on the safe side make back-up of ypur game-files before replacing.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply.

      Unfortunately, it did not work. I replaced the files on the copy I made as you suggested but I still have the same problem.
      Perhaps it has something to do with the "gloval.sav" file itself?

      I really do appreciate your help tho, it was worth a try,

      Delete
    3. Hello again, below is link with archive with my saves and original scripts.

      https://yadi.sk/d/ZJsU9T8ZtUkbN

      Try to place files from archive in "save" foilder of the game.
      If it will not help, delete all files from that foilder and start game from the begining.
      If it won't help too, there is also foilder with original script of trilogy, try to replace files from foilder "3" and run original game, then in "options -> extra" alloy all tree parts(there is an option for this), and then close the game install NG+ patch again, it should work.
      If it also woudn't i can upload all my copy of the game, but it's quite huge(3,71 GB).
      If even it will not save - it's some intresting issue.

      Delete
    4. Egad! It worked, my friend!!!

      Thank you, Oh so much for your help. All I had to do was overwrite the *.sav file and it worked!

      Still unsure as to why it didn't work with my files, considering that people that downloaded the game from the same place have played the NG+ mod with no issues.

      Alas, Thanks again for everything. You are a life saver!

      Delete
    5. I'm pretty sure it's a bug with the original MGQ. I think it's the gloval.sav that gets corrupted, and then saves will refuse to work.

      Delete
  25. New patch is up. It's labeled 7/21/2016 in the first post.

    I need verification that a specific bug in part 2 has been fixed. People have been reporting that they can't

    summon Undine after they've gotten her at the spring. I've fixed that bug a long time ago, but people are still reporting it. I can't find a way to replicate it on any recent version, so I need to make sure that the bug actually has been fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The update fixed the problem and now I can fight the other spirits because I went undine first. Thank you for fixing the issue.

      Delete
  26. So I asked this question a while back on your old blog, but I never got a full answer one way or another. Are you accepting donations, got a patreon, or something similar to that just in case we want to tip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have asked about this before (a lot, actually), but it's not something I ever really thought about.

      At first, I didn't want to do it because of how slow progress has been recently. It also feels kind of weird getting money for a mod, a mod for a game that I didn't make.

      But if people really want to, then it probably couldn't hurt to set something up.

      Delete
    2. I'm personally banking on the fact that a bit of compensation for your time and effort might incentivize (guilt) you into spending more time on it.

      Joking aside, even if this is a mod, I've had quite a bit of fun with it and I've enjoyed the new twist on the story and the serious look you've taken at Monster-Human relations, which I felt the original game glossed over a fair bit. You've clearly put a lot of work into this, and I personally feel that my enjoyment, along with your time and effort, is worth a donation or two.

      But hey, if you feel guilty about taking them, you can always just pass it along to the original creators of the game.

      Delete
    3. Before you set anything up, make sure there are not any legal complications that could arise from taking donations. I know many people would be happy to donate to your mod, myself included, but I also don't want to see this project get shutdown, especially after how much work has been put into it. If your not sure, consult your lawyer or hire one if you don't already have one. Sorry, I know this is probably something you already know and considered, I just don't want this amazing project die due to "violation of copyright laws" or some other legal crap.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I was going to do it, but I've decided I'm going to wait until Part 3's done. I'll just give an email for a paypal account when it is. I don't want to make a Patreon for several reasons.

      Delete
    6. I'm actually glad you aren't making a Patreon, as i'm getting SOOOOO freakin' sick of that crap, I really am... DX

      Delete
    7. And right after I got things straightened out with Paypal, too. Bloody hell...

      Delete
  27. Hey Ecstasy, just wondering if you're going to get back to me on the problems I posted on the bug report section, since I still am not receiving a response from that and I really don't want those problems to persist... :( Just curious is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the other blog. Maybe I should've just kept it all to one post.

      The Salamander issue was caused by me being an idiot. I accidentally left some test code in her fight that set her HP to 1. It's when I was checking to make sure the Serene Mind bug had been fixed. This patch should fix that problem, and Queen Harpy disappearing.

      https://www.mediafire.com/?7tusms6qhkk61df

      I'll update the blog post with it. Thanks for letting me know.

      The music note issue is caused by some sort of encoding mistake that screwed up all the japanese text. That's gonna be a nightmare to fix, but I'll try to work on it.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. Thank you for the patch anyways, I really do appreciate it, truly. ^-^

      Delete
    3. It looks like I'm going to have to manually do a find and replace on each botched music note, because all of the music notes got turned into !?s.

      That's going to take a couple days to fix, but I'll have it fixed in the next patch.

      Delete
    4. Thank you again, I really do appreciate your hard work once again. :)

      Delete
  28. I also thought i'd ask... I'm not taking ANY credit for the songs I used, since I, in no way, made them or anything like that. I just thought they'd fit better than the ones selected for NG+ is all and as such, I was wondering if I could share my NG+ bgm selection with the rest of the fans of NG+ here (no, don't worry, no stupid "rap-crap" is used since i'm a VERY big fan of the Record of Agarest War series, which NG+ uses and as such, that REALLY makes me VERY happy, it truly does... <3 ) that i've replaced with those that I believe fit better than the pre-selected tracks for NG+'s songs is all. With you permission, could I please share it with each update? I'm not one to steal like Tenchi does so you have no need to fear that from me of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, just wanted to make sure you had no problems with it is all. ^^;

      Delete
    2. Here is what I replace most of MGQ NG+'s custom music with: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n2ss8xeg6afs24g/2QBGMv2.rar (all original MGQ music is kept intact, so no need to fear of having the original music replaced :) )

      I hope that at least a few of you like it. ^^

      Delete
    3. not bad, but kept the others while waiting on more part 3 with the other party members soon

      Delete
  29. While I am patiently await the answer to the above question, I also ask that you please look at the latest other bug i've posted in the bug report bit, since it's exactly similar to the previous "Queen Harpy" bug I stated before, please look into both once you have the time of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an old bug and I'm not sure what's causing it. I'll have it fixed eventually.

      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. I just find it strange that the second "Frog Girl" *disappears* once they show up is all. ^^;

      Delete
  30. So apparently invisitext is a think on you blog posts...

    Do we have to install all patches, or just the most recent one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the full downloads, and then the most recent patch.

      Delete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just a quick question. I am particularly a fan of Alma Elma and am curious on how to unlock her H-scene when she's your companion. It was easy getting Tamamo's, just ask for the tail when you first see her, but in Part 1-2, even though I said yes to Alma's Sabbath question, nothing really happened. Going into the Part 3 demo, nothing has developed, and I'm a bit worried seeing that the fortune teller has told me no one has feelings for Luka, so I'm a bit confused here. Can someone advise me? I've tried going the full man-whore route to boost her affection, excluding the mermaid since Alma reacts negatively to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd also like to know if there's a non-defeat H-scene for Alma as well, since I consider her a potential Waifu candidate for Luka after all. ^^

      Delete
    2. Try when the full part 3 is released and you keep your points with her until then. I'm currently waiting to see where Burning Phoenix Fire Wing or Nibi's training with Undene will come in.

      Delete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  34. I noticed a difference in music for Queen Harpy with the current patch and old. Now is the boss fight 2 with the former, it was [Aya's Theme: Youkai Mountain ~ Mysterious Mountain] Touhou Project Mountain of Faith ...
    This is my own opinion, but I found that Aya's Theme stuck better since the previous music was more epic and Queen Harpy and Aya are both wind user...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept that one also and the old plant chimara music. I also have the music from original part 2 for the Natalia region

      Delete
  35. There is one thing constantly nagging on the back of my mind. And that is Lady’s Village. Or more specifically Emily.
    In the original game she was eaten.
    My question now is, will we be able to save her this time?
    Maybe even recruit her. So that we can show her she doesn't have to live like her mother taught her or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned about her back in part 1 as Luka can change things and have party members now. Also he still remembers Lily so Witch Hunt should be a interesting conclusion.

      Delete
    2. Maybe I misunderstood your reply but this totally doesn't answer my question.
      I mean I know that Luka remembers what happened last time and I do hope that we can save her this time around but I meant specifically recruiting her.

      Delete
    3. Yes I know but that part isn't complete yet as I would like that option to.

      Delete
  36. As usual, thanks for your hard work !
    Does anyone have the current monsterpedia completed ? A save would be great !

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The game crashes after i talk to everyone in the camps.Is there anything i can do to fix this?

    ReplyDelete
  39. HEy err i just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. seriously I love this mod its greatness all around pretty much. ehh don't really care for Sylph's new look in part 3's demo but other than that i think your works are superb.

    Eh i am awaiting the next part with tremendous anticipation.

    particularly Granberia and Tamamo's bits heheheh ahh i love those 2. Granberia in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Any idea on when we can see part 3 or are there places not even worked on yet?

    ReplyDelete
  41. "...Your memories are all correct. They're all "real", and you have no "false" memories.

    But, out of all those memories you mentioned....
    ...None of them actually happened."

    sure it looks cool and all but i was stuck on this one part for an unnecessary amount of time before i figured out that it didnt make sense even by itself even if the next two sentences explained it i still feel trolled
    as for tamamo explaining her lack of maturity due to her environment i think that was well done
    if you could make a re wrote succubus witch unbirth h-scene that would be cool or maybe make a new scene where he really does end up her pet or both
    i think the plot would better from more depth regarding the close to good guys turning out to be bad and just using luka and (maybe) the bad guys getting closer to luka and turning out to be good and on his side the whole time but maybe that would be too difficult and contradictory ;c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually remember the context of those lines but I always thought that means those memories are glimpses of possibilities that he has because time got screwy or something.

      What I am trying to say is that if we assume that false means artificially created (like someone gave him those memories) then those lines make sense.

      Or maybe I am thinking to hard about things again.

      Delete
    2. The memories are a mix of part 3 alternate endings if Luka ended up with another monster and a side story someone mentioned. The long ending in part 3 is Alice of course.

      Delete
    3. Indeed, NG+ should help diversify that though in due time, so that there isn't just a singular "full ending" with just Alice, honestly... I wanted to have Granberia marry Luka after all, not just a short ending with her like the original was. :(

      Delete
  42. Although this may be "minor" at this point in NG+ (at least until the full part 3 segment is finished that is), it should be kept in mind that parts like this: http://i.imgur.com/eGGly6R.jpg should only be said if Undine was present during the acquisition of Gnome. However, I usually get the Spirits in the following order: Salamander (to try and get the hidden "affection" for Granberia increased of course), Gnome, Sylph and lastly Undine. As such, this wouldn't exactly make sense if she said that when I acquired her in the aforementioned order... ^^; Like I said before though, only a "minor" issue atm, just be sure to keep in mind to correct this once part 3 is fully released of course, a little heads-up in other words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you miss the talk with Luka and Undine about the slime girl being the 1st he met on the Ilias continent that she wants to investigate as a possible place for them. That's before the demo where we find out more about the slime in question so it could be interesting to have Erubetty with you.

      Delete
    2. What i'm trying to say is that part should be omitted if the spirits were acquired in the aforementioned order said above, since it wouldn't make one bit of sense otherwise, since how could she even say such a thing when she was never there during the acquisition of Gnome in the first place? I mean, honestly...? :/

      Delete
  43. True but the demo is not linked to our save files yet so the order can't be seen at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I started playing this mod a few days ago and went as far as the Irina Mountains, there I noticed that the 4 bandits can't be recruited, there's a "bandits join" piece of text but no option leads there.
    Is it a bug, was it removed by any reason or am I missing something?
    Another thing I noticed was right at the beginning, when Alice wakes up and Luka lies, there's a bit of text for a Truth option, however we are never prompted to choose between telling the truth or lying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can not recruit the bandits at the start, Luka talks about it more if you have Tamamo with the party.
      At the start of the game there is no choice for truth or lie any longer as Luka knows Alice and tells her what he thinks she should know.

      Delete
  45. those two new succubus are stronger than ilias kind of op

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they are not new as they were sealed more then 500 years ago, but they are strong like the succubi that Salamander was telling Luka about.

      Delete
    2. They weren't really THAT difficult, even on Hard, really. :/ In fact, I really liked the challenge they both presented. ^^ And besides... it'd be absolutely BORING if one were to just steamroll over EVERYTHING, honestly, that just doesn't suit someone like me that loves a good challenge in MGQ. :(

      And if you think those two are bad, oh ho ho... Just be GLAD that the "Mother" (yes, i'm well aware of her name, just not saying it here for spoilers-sake of others here of course... ^^; ) of all Succubi in the MGQ-verse isn't there... Then it'd be an absolutely HOPELESS battle, seriously... >:D

      Delete
    3. wouldn't say hopeless after playing through on rouge's translation, Luka just forgets who she is even after Tamamo saying her name in the vilage. Maybe he should ask the new Alma Elma about it like the 5th Arumauma's told him to ask Alma about the Ancestral Succubi.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. I'm also curious as to how Alma knew about the order of defense as the "1st" Alma had to be told about it, say 30 years ago. no hint there, *whistles*

      Delete
    6. While the "Mother" would be a difficult battle for Luka, I'm pretty sure he has the power to win. (He's currently Seraphim class, and he could beat Tamamo's unsealed form)

      Delete
    7. You must not forgot that Tamamo states that she used pleasure attacks and that he wouldn't have survived if she used those VERY lethal non-pleasure attacks... ^^;

      Delete
    8. Yeah like 9 tails funeral pyre or those dark energy strikes she unleashed on Ilias

      Delete
    9. Precisely... >:D

      Delete
  46. just asking how do i get to part 3 i can't seem to continue the game after getting all the spirits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start new game, you get the option to either play parts 1 and 2 or the demo. Your safe is not carried over tot he demo, it's a demo after all.

      Delete
    2. i did start over but i keep getting going back to it also thanks

      Delete
  47. Honestly, great job on everything thus far.

    When it comes to story I love the diversity you're trying to create, and entire concept of "time traveler" presented here has a great appeal to me. Come on, we all once thought if we could go back in time but keep all our memories and knowledge we have right now, right? :)

    Boss battles feel unique and well designed.

    Character personalities, almost all the time, they feel spot-on, like you nailed every last one of them.

    My only complaint? The amount of time needed to make a good quality mod like this Q_Q
    Try to finish it before I start using a cane ok? All in all cheers and keep up an excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So is there a chance of part 3 being out by this Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Replies
    1. Agreed, I kind of am getting a bit worried now.

      Delete
    2. Besides news that the project is canceled, no news is the worst thing that can happen.

      Delete
    3. I must agree, hearing nothing for a long time is horrible xD. It would be nice if you say something at least once a week/month even if you just say ''Hi!'' at least we know you are alive :)

      Delete
    4. ^
      This

      Simple "Hi" "Progressing" would be enough

      Delete
    5. I come to this site 3 times a week. just waiting for a post on progress or something to kill my worry @.@

      Delete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Just curious.
    After Luka refuses to give alice his semen in succubus village.
    Why he thought he would have given up if Alice tries to fight him for it even though he is really stronger than her?

    ReplyDelete