Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Good news, maybe.




I have an important announcement to make.

I've lied to you all. The truth is, Tenchi actually DID make NG+. He wrote, coded and tested Parts 1 and 2 all on his own. Then one day, I snuck into his house and stole his harddrive, decrypted the bytes inside and took NG+ for myself.

Okay, seriously. Now that i have your attention, someone leaked a test build of NG+. It has the pyramid level in it. Oh, well. No big deal. Here you go.

https://www.mediafire.com/?pby51r98rjtekt1

43 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey just wanted to let you know that the tamamo camp dialog is the same as a previous one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you play it off man, you're a cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, Finally <3 I've been checking this blog atleast 3 times per day, since 30 january.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loved this demo, it was more than I bargained for and I just loved the flow of it, it was actually very intriguing in Granberia's path on this one and even in its own way heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ehhh, how do you upload this again???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today is 1st april! You won't fool me... I think... (downloads file anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  8. going to say it now before i forget abut it XD

    the skill summon all is the one off best skill out there thanks for it i dont to summon one at the time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but it costs 10 mp without Salamander replenishing max mp

      Delete
    2. that why we have Cheat Engine UNLIMITED SP NAHAHAHAHA XD

      Delete
    3. That kind of takes the fun out of the fight, don't you think?

      Delete
    4. thats true :(

      but feel the power is dame good thing :D

      i think XD

      Delete
  9. 6 mp rather but still worth considering

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever fallen angel danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are some inconsistencies in the dialogue, at least in Tamamo's path. For example the Sphinx becomes randomly aware that Luka is part angel, and salamander makes a reference to fighting Sara which didn't actually happen, along with a few lines being said with the wrong people here and there.
    Other than that there was some pretty interesting characterization going on. I like the way it's all headed. Thank you for doing all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sphinx is supposed to know that. On account of the sphinx being over a thousand years old, and Luca openly using his powers.

      Delete
    2. He doesn't actually get around to using his powers in Tamamo's route is the thing, as the fight never happens.

      Delete
    3. The fight was starting when Tamamo spoke up, so he must have taken the ring off for a moment with Sphinx

      Delete
  12. Gotta say, the pyramid section was just about everything I hoped it would be. I'm still putting it through its paces at the moment but one of the immediate small mistakes I've noticed is that Sara's battle dialogue (as in the phrases she says before her attacks) repeatedly mentions Luka's name even though she'd have no way of actually knowing him in their first encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whether this be an April Fool's joke or not, it is still amusing and as such i'll indulge myself in it, thank you for making it happen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fight with Sarah could be a little bit harder. I know she's supposed to be weak, but the conversation in the castle makes it sound like she's at least able to keep up with you to some extent. Maybe some sort of plot armor that makes elemental spica fail, to prevent one shotting her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara isn't weak, Luka is just OP, which is kind of the whole point. In case you didn't notice, Luka can pretty much walk through that Pyramid and obliterate everything in his path. Even Sphinx isn't terribly challenging, except for her curse, and you can pretty easily Daystar-Counter it.

      Delete
  15. Just thought i'd make sure of this... It DOES end after taking care of the business at the Pyramid and after taking Sara back to Sabasa Castle, right? Just making sure of this since I didn't see the usual screen saying it was the end of the current progression with the demo and so forth, so I was just making sure is all. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, that's a relief, I was afraid I was the only one. ^^; If we can get confirmation from Ecstasy himself then that'd be really reassuring. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, no worries :D Though I will say that if you go into extras if you put it in the version that has Part 1 you can convert it and you can go to all provinces which are available but very very glitch and the only one that is finished is the Pyramid

      Delete
    3. Sabasa Castle is the end.

      Remember, this wasn't originally supposed to be released publicly. I just made it for 5 or 6 people to test, so it's a little unpolished.

      Delete
    4. Understood Ecstasy though I just found that part interesting; thank you again for this demo! Even if it was leaked but eh.

      Delete
    5. Ah, I see. Thank you for verifying it regardless Ecstasy, we really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  16. Hmm this is a real return to form storytelling wise. After the last couple of updates I kinda lost interest in the mod .. That interest is back again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. is the save in the previous release compatible to this?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its good that u finaly admitted it, even if it was drasticly overblown, when all u did was took the story for yourself. It does give me some bit of peace knowing the truth was finaly admitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an April Fools.

      So stay mad.

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

      Delete
    3. if it was a April Fools joke, then it would have been posted on the 1st. :P

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found a plot hole in the new demo: During one of Sphinx's questions, Luka *remembers* him and Alice talking about his lifespan. However, the beginning of the game states Luka was fighting Ilias before suddenly being warped to the past.

    Luka's "memory" happened many months *after* Ilias was defeated, so how does he remember a future that has yet to come/potentially erased from existence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way it shows Tamamo and Minagi (Alma) like that is reference to the Possible endings from the original ending instead of being with Alice. So they are Images that could have happened mixed with what did. Just a guess after playing to the end and all the ending

      Delete
    2. Definitely takes a few notes from the External Gazer chapter of MGS2's Snake Tales and that alone really made me happy. ^^

      Delete
  21. My my my, this actually has story elements!

    I've only played Granberia's route so far, and skimmed most of the text at that, but noticed some very interesting developments happening...

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh boy muv luv alternative all over again

    ReplyDelete
  23. just wondering how much power does stoping time take?

    ReplyDelete