Yeah, it was pretty much inevitable.
So you've probably figured it out by now, but there are no Christmas miracles this year. There are still way too many bugs that need fixing, and I don't want to have to patch it 20 times after releasing it. Even though I'll have to patch it 20 times regardless.
I'm getting a test build set up for a few other people to play through, so it shouldn't be too much longer. The last update went relatively smoothly with this method, and there were only one or two major bugs that I can remember. I'm not going to give a new release date, because that's basically a guarantee that it won't release on that date. I think I've released exactly one update on time since starting this mod, out of like ten. You'd think that I would learn, but I'm stubborn.
Now for some good news. One very generous person actually got a working word wrapper for Onscripter. This means that words won't get broken up by a new line anymore (which was already the case for the old Nscripter, but NG+ was literally too big for Nscripter). The only problem is that I'll have to edit and rearrange a lot of the script before I can use it without breaking anything. It will also probably break old saves, but that was likely to happen anyway. Because of this, I'll probably wait until Part 3's done in 2050 to actually use it.
That's about it for what's going on right now. It's still progressing, just very slowly for various reasons. On a side note, I've noticed a sudden influx of people who say they've just played the mod for the first time. I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence or not. But either way, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully there'll be more to come soon.
"One very generous person actually got a working word wrapper for Onscripter. This means that words won't get broken up by a new line anymore (which was already the case for the old Nscripter, but NG+ was literally too big for Nscripter)."
ReplyDeleteTwo other things that are a problem:
1). The text box needs to have more opacity to make it easier to read when there are characters or certain backgrounds on screen.
2). If possible, can there be a toggle to increase the speed of the animation to summon a spirit? It isn't a big deal, but it is the only part of the whole thing that is completely unaffected by the skip button. When enemies start summoning two or more spirits, and then keep resummoning them throughout the long fight, and then you have to repeat the fight multiple times because you fucked up, it gets irritating.
No worries, homie
ReplyDeleteTake your time
keep going
ReplyDeleteYea we don't care about dates man. we care about eventually getting a finished good quality (which is kind of a given seeing as how good its been up till now) product. We don't care at all when we get it. So take your time man, don't bother with excuses. It'll get done when it gets done. even if it takes till 2050.
ReplyDeleteTo be fair, there is a sizeable chance that a good portion of us will be dead by 2050, whether by old age, disease, war, natural disaster, or a general collapse of civilized society. But as long as Ecstasy doesn't graduate from the school of Game of Thrones and Wheel of Time, we'll manage.
DeleteHaha what a cheery person you are XD.
DeleteI am a pessimistic optimist. Or an optimistic pessimist. Either one works.
DeleteI believe everything will go to shit, but I don't think that's a big deal or even a bad thing necessarily.
I share said sentiment, I do share the way that unforgettable GLaDOS feels most of the time after all. heh heh :P
DeleteEh I went through that stage. Then I realized we haven't really done that bad as a species. I mean we hold ourselves to some huge standard. Like were supposed to be godlike pinnacles of civilization or something. But the truth is were monkeys. And for monkeys we really haven't done badly imho.
DeleteI said I am holding us to some sort of standard? When I meant things going to shit, I meant lowering standards of life, and also from the perspective of a society where even a 1% loss of life is considered a major disaster. Whatever standards we hold ourselves to, monkeys or not, nobody likes prices going up.
DeleteBut I am rather optimistic about 1%+ or more of humanity surviving through next few hundred years at least, and I'd consider that a win. Take that as you want, oh cheery skeleton.
you go boy
ReplyDeleteyea, take your time, guy.Thanks for your working actually!
ReplyDeleteAgain, take your time Ecstasy since we can wait, really. :) I fixed/added a few words to make certain scenes sound a lot better imho, would take too much time to go over them so let's just say it looks a whole lot better (still haven't found a fix for the "disappearing Harpy Queen" part during the Negotiation route at Happiness Village yet though of course, thankfully it isn't that long of a bug that lasts, but still... Kind of annoying of course. ^^; ), really. :) So, again... Take your time. :D
ReplyDeleteToo bad there is no update - I was looking forward to it. Well, take your time then. Good work with all those mods you wrote.
ReplyDeleteBeen here since the beginning, I waited over a year for the third part of MGQ to come out and longer still for the translation. As long as we get an occasional "Hey, here's where we are, here's what we're doing!", I'm good. Knowing there's progress is almost as good as the actual product. Good to see you're still with us.
ReplyDeleteMay I ask how big you intend to make the mod? I don't mean to criticize but were on what part 3 now? I'm not trying to sound ungrateful for the work. I guess I just worry that eventually your interest in the mod will wane if that hasn't started already. And we will be left with an unsatisfying unfinished story.
ReplyDeleteThat being said this IS an awesome mod and im really grateful you made it in the first place.
This is a weird question, but what rendering api does this use?
ReplyDeleteOpengl
or DirectX 8
or DirectX 9
or DirectX 10/higher
If you want an answer to your question, you should probably ask in IRC.
DeleteEcstasy doesn't generally answer questions on blog.
I never said it had to be Ecstasy who answered.
DeleteDirectx 9 was needed for mgq part 3 if that helps
DeleteHm, it would seem as if MGQ in general is unhookable.
DeleteCan I start whining already or it's too early? I'm new around here and don't know how much it usually takes past promised release date for mod to be actually updated.
ReplyDeleteHence tomorrow, makes it a month from the release date and the test builds, so... not really.
DeleteI was waiting for a month to pass to start asking ^^
I don't believe NG+ is Ecstasy's full time job, so I'd wait a bit.
DeleteI'll make a new post explaining in detail what's going on when I can.
ReplyDeleteLong story short, a few test builds have been made, some of my friends are going through them, they say it's pretty good. Lots of H-scenes, but I hope you like slime girls and succubi. College girl raping me hard, so progress is slow but consistent. Please be patient, etc.
Sorry I don't have better news right now. Shouldn't be too much longer, though.
Did you like fight the College girl and lose? :o
DeleteDo you wish to make an evaluation?
Deletethis is the longest i ever waited for anything wow. thanks for the new experience, i am actually quite thankfull,you just defined a new standard for me to use,again thanks and yes i am able to wait more, sky the limit take your time guys lets aim for another year cheers!.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that there's been growing interest! r/monstergirls seemed interested enough when I posted the demo a couple months back, so I'll be sure to give them an update when the full version is released.
ReplyDeleteIt may not mean much, but I for one am not bothered by the rate of progress in the slightest. I already used up my entire life's worth of anticipation during the wait for the part 3 translation.