A bad crop of a CG you've already seen.
The next update for Part 3 will hopefully be out in December, probably around Christmastime. I didn't want it to be this late, but college sucks and I just haven't had the time to work on it. I've still been making progress, but it's going very slowly and I still can't give a solid release date for the full part yet.
Life sucks, what can you do. But I still have no intention of dropping it, so don't panic.
Soo,,, have you done any work on Part 4 yet? Because you've said that the majority of your work has been on the last part of Part 3 and not the demo part, so I am wondering if by extension some of the stuff you've been working on will be in Part 4 and not Part 3.
ReplyDeleteA portion of the later 3 parts is completed, yes.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is gonna be best christmas present ever!
ReplyDeleteBtw, how do you feel about Fallout4?
"Developer: Bethesda Game Studios"
DeleteNo thanks.
Obsidian FTW!
DeleteGood man Ecstasy!
DeleteYou just made me fall in love with you.
DeleteAnd in a good way.
I promise not to panic just so long as you give us a wave every month. Looking forward to the update.
ReplyDeleteA Paradox update and a NG+ update, defo a MGQ christmas this yeah :D
ReplyDeleteha ha ha As long as this project never dies then I can wait for as long as it takes, thanks so much for the update Ecstasy, we all appreciate it and take your time. ^-^
ReplyDeleteWhat is the CG from?
ReplyDeleteIf from when you need to warm up salamander because shes cold
DeleteCold? I just remember from the part 3 (original game) and when Luka goes to the sea in NG+ but i dont see that CG ><
DeleteIf you're really that interested in getting it then all you have to do is get Salamander first when getting all four Elemental Spirits, you'll then have a yellow camp event you can select once you've talked to everyone during that camp event, simple really. ^^;
Deleteoddly enough, I just did a play through of that part, and it didn't trigger for me (damn shame cause I was looking forward to it)
Deleteknight was tamamo,
spirits obtained in this order:
Salamander
gnome
undine.
and then after getting undine, it just didn't trigger like it was supposed to. really weird cause I've gotten it to happen before.
Did you talk to everyone in the camp scene? Also, did you talk to Salamander on each camp scene after getting her? I'm not sure if that affects it but you could try.
Deleteyes to both
DeleteI went back and did eerything the same, except with Granberia as my knight, and it triggered then.
DeleteYaay!
ReplyDeleteI think the fight with Sylph is kinda buggy. Sylph is supposed to use a hold on you that pretty much instantly ends the fight if you don't have serende mind active, but she only ever uses it after you surrender. Even Michaela warns you about this hold in the evaluation. Fought Sylph many times in all difficulties but never had her use the hold and rape move on me even once.
ReplyDeleteI just flat-out can't fucking beat Sylph (doing her first). She's literally almost STATISTICALLY impossible because she just does TOO MUCH FUCKING DAMAGE. I had an easier time beating every single end boss of the original game than her. Serene Mind lets me dodge about 1 in 8 attacks on average and whenever she hits me without Guarding she takes off about 1/4 of my max HP, which means I end up in an endless, pointless loop of Guarding, Charging, then having to waste all the SP I charged on a double-Meditate just to keep from losing outright! There's no "strategy" here, nothing I can be "doing wrong" (unless she has that AI routine bullshit you have to do to beat Alma Elma where if you don't follow a 100% precise battle action sequence she's unbeatable) she just CANNOT BE BEATEN because she's TOO. DAMN. POWERFUL.
DeleteI'm sure someone is going to go "wtf noob Sylph is easy" but I've fought her dozens of times and only got CLOSE to beating her once when the stars aligned and I got a lucky string of dodges. She's NOT fucking easy, if there's a specific strategy you need to follow to beat her it is NOT self-evident and if there isn't then she's just terribly balanced. Seriously, what the fuck?
What difficulty are you playing at?
DeleteIf normal, then I agree that she should be beatable.
But if you're playing on hard, then I am fine with some spirits being harder than others, to where players should prioritize where they go first.
Just defeated Sylph without spirits 3 times in a row on normal, perfectly doable. Here are a few tips for this fight:
DeletePatience is key in beating Sylph without any other spirit. The Daystar-Guard-double-meditate tactic is the right approach. Only use Daystar to damage her expect maybe for the last hit. 4 Daystars will get Sylph to near death state, one Flash kill should finish her off. Don't shy away from using charge one more time despite being at less than half hp, look how much damage she can make in the worst case an fill your sp up as far as possible. As i said, be patient, sometimes you use 2 or 3 meditates with your guard up and your leftover sp will not be enough to do a new daystar right away, no problem, just charge again, meditate again and use daystar, then renew your serene mind if necessary and put your guard back up. Only let down your guard for daystar or serene mind, she just does too much damage to you without your guard up. It goes faster if you are lucky with your evades, but it should be managable even without any evade at all. In the third fight i got hit with 32 attacks by Sylph while evading 7 of them so the fight didn't take that long. If you are unlucky you have to do the routine a few times more, but there should be no risk of losing to her at all with this strategy, but it admittedly does get boring.
Thank you for the advice (instead of the "haha you're such a noob retard she's easy" response I was expecting) but it DOESN'T WORK. By switching to normal I got CLOSE to defeating her, but I ended up in a no-win situation where I had 25% HP left, Serene Mind had just expired and I only had 4 SP. If I Meditated she'd simply KO me while I tried to Charge and get Serene Mind back up, if I went straight for Serene Mind I'd need to dodge her next attack (HIGHLY unlikely) then guard and Charge again before I could even Meditate once, by which time she'd UNDOUBTEDLY kill me through my Guard. I went for the long shot and tried to finish her, but I didn't have nearly enough damage and she predictably one-shotted me. Even with Guard up her attacks still do about 15-20% of your life, so Charging is NOT an option. The problem is that victory or defeat is literally 100% dependent on how many attacks you can dodge with Serene Mind and I can't dodge enough. Serene Mind timing out is what will eventually cost you the war of attrition because you drop Guard to set it up again and it doesn't even guarantee a block like Daystar does (I estimate the dodge rate at about 1/8) meaning activating Serene Mind will usually cost you 1/4 to 1/3 of your life.
DeleteAnd this is on normal. On hard I'd estimate she is LITERALLY completely unbeatable if you do her first unless the stars align to cause Serene Mind to let you dodge literally about 1/2 of all her attacks. I don't know why you're even allowed to fight her first on hard, it's quite literally a waste of time.
Well it seems we may have different versions of the game then, because i just finished her off on hard after my 3rd try. It took forever, but if you stick with the routine and have enough patience, it is actually impossible to lose to her. I just lost the first two fights with her because i got greedy. Also, her attacks don't do that much damage to me. On normal, if i have no guard, her attack does like 750 damage to me (i have 2710 hp), if i have full guard she does half the damage, 360-380, and while i charge myself back up or regenerate she does 480-500. While the 750 damage sounds like the bad 25%+ damage you get from her, using this tactic you should only get hit by it after you refreshed your serene mind.
DeleteNow to talk about your no-win situation. This is a bad spot, getting in this situation is common if you use daystar too early, like when you have 1-3 turns of serene mind and use daystar, but even if you are in this situation you can still save yourself by not refreshing serene mind right away. With 25% life left, Syph should have been unable to onehit you while you recharge with your guard up (thats why i recommended to calculate how much damage she could do in the worst case with and without guard). But even if you wouldn't want to risk it, using meditation with your guard up and recharging two times should also be no problem, it takes longer though. So in other words, if you have to refresh serene mind while having low SP, you failed to manage your fight properly but you should still survive a few turns without serene mind if you have to. I sometimes fail to evade one of sylphs attacks for like 5-6 turns and i still win.
Do me a favour, write down and post the damage sylph gives you without any guard, with full guard and with passive guard. If they are the same as mine and you still having trouble defeating her after this, i take the time and write down which skills i use against her in the exact order, how many times i get hit and how many times i dogded her attacks.
Ah and by the way. While i defeated Sylph on normal and hard, she raped my ass almost instantly on hell difficulty. Would be interesting to hear if anyone managed to defeat Sylph on hell because i fucked up quite many strong monsters on hell MGQ vanilla but literally don't have a chance against Sylph.
I would like to point out that after getting Undine, i lost the ability to use serene mind in any form, except for after I got all 4 spirits and then did summon all.
ReplyDeletebut sometimes, its advantageous to only summon undine, so this is not a good thing.
DeleteYou've been using the updated version, right?
DeleteBecause that sounds like the bug that has already been fixed. Repeatedly.
I was using whichever version is currently linked to by mediafire
DeleteJust wanted to ask you guys looking for help in regards to the actual scripting of the scenes and stuff? I love this project and i'd love to help.
ReplyDeleteIs there a reason why my game crashes everytime a try and save and/or load? T_T trying to get into this project but can't, I've looked but can't seem to find any fixes
ReplyDeleteThat's strange, that never happened to me and I can safely save/load nearly anywhere (emphasis on "nearly everywhere" since camp scenes outside of the part 1 portion of MGQNG+ are parts you can't save in, this includes certain boss fights as well of course ^^; ) in MGQNG+, unlike in the original trilogy of MGQ of course, but that wasn't much of an issue for me though of course. :)
ReplyDeleteNo idea, might be the way my MGQ is filed, the game runs fine it's literally only saving and loading I can't do, doesn't amtter too much as I played through it all in one sitting
ReplyDeleteI know what it is. Try emptying the save folder completely. Then run the game. Some of the files that are leftover when transferring files from the mod to the normal game cause it to crash.
DeleteYep, that did it, thanks ^^
Delete