https://www.mediafire.com/?xag5ow778h72gr1
This is way overdue, but I finally got around to fixing the bugs in the release version's script. As I was going through it, I noticed a lot of bugs that I already fixed. So either I screwed up and put an earlier version of the script into the full download link, or I fixed the script and forgot to upload it. Either way, I'm a complete moron. So, sorry about that.
The link above is just the 0.txt file. Put that into the game directory and you're done. The various Undine bugs have been fixed (and you DON'T have to start your game over for it to work again), as well as some AI and menu errors, and a bug where you couldn't unlock Crab Girl in the encyclopedia. A few other minor problems were fixed, too.
There are still a couple of visual bugs. The worst one being that any instance of a music note in the original game's text is replaced with a ?. I'll try and fix those soon.

I hope you fixed the one annoying bug where Refresh takes 4 SP to use instead of the described 2 it says, that bug was rather annoying after all... ^^;
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks again for the patch fix, really do appreciate it. :)
ReplyDeleteAs always i'm looking forward to the upcoming patch release for part 3 to continue where Luka and co. left off after the events of Port Natalia. ^-^
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI haven't tested out the Undine bug in the first part to see if it was fixed or not quite yet, but just replaying through the Part 3 demo I have to ask once again, why isn't Undine teaching me the refresh ability when I'm fighting with the Queen Mermaid before Lilith and Lilim? Granted, the poison isn't as severe, but that does seem like something worth mentioning.
ReplyDeleteContinuity error. Succubus village was added before Port Natalia, but then Ecstasy set recommended difficulty to go to Natalia first. Even part of story is victim (Sylph mentioned after visiting Kraken that she wants to be succubus and cupid, but she mentioned she wants to be a succubus in Succubus village). Try to visit village first, then Natalia. That could help.
DeleteHope I helped in finding one of those, at least.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing I noticed, in the Lilith and Lilim fight, the two of them seem to get caught in a loop summoning Gnomaren each time you break it. It doesn't make the fight impossible to win or anything, but I figured they'd need a recovery period before they could use it again after Luka breaks it. This happens pretty consistently after Undine teaches you the Refresh ability in the fight.
ReplyDeleteSo, if you lose to the Lencubus and ask for an evaluation, the game crashes and closes out. Probably not relevant, but Tamao was my knight at the time. Also, maybe it's because the monster is weaker in this case, but it really seems like Vaporizing Rebellion Sword * Typhoon is a lot stronger than Ninefold Rakasha.
ReplyDeleteSecond, on the succubus village, I'm glad that Alice doesn't suddenly teleport you outside when you talk with her a second time (when visiting the succubus village first) but the scene still ends with Luka "alone in the dark grass" despite being in the chief succubus' house. You also mention a sleeping bag at the end too.
Also, while experimenting in the fight with Mermaid Queen, I found that going to the Monsterpedia, fighting her, and defeating her, will actually make the game continue on with the story and soft-lock. Same thing with Sylph. I haven't tested this with all of the fights in the Monsterpedia, but I'm willing to bet that it's a consistent problem.
Yay we got them autosaves now. Good bug to have. How does it decide what knights to put you with, and how does it choose which territories are cleared? Do you know?
DeleteI wonder how the mermaid princess will react to Laura no longer being queen and that she's the highest ranking mermaid seeking Luka's help. Should be an interesting part 3 without needing to take a knight along.
ReplyDeleteAt which point did Laura stop being the queen?
DeleteDemo 2 when Alice unseals Kracken, removed from power and status.
DeleteHm. Yeah, probably. But I'm not sure it would matter much. Just because the monster lord proclaimed something, doesn't mean it would either reach the mermaids or they would listen to it.
DeleteFirstly, Laura already got the mermaids to go against the monster lord in the third game AND their brethren, so she seems to have them in a tight grip. And secondly, they live in their own city and don't seem to have a lot of contact with the outside world. Nor did Laura seem particularly worried about openly going against the monster lord's wishes, and she doesn't seem retarded, so she probably doesn't have much to worry about regarding her status.
So while the region should now be better prepared against what shit will go down, Laura's still the queen. Albeit you have a point that the princess might become the figurehead representative of the mermaids now.
That fact that I have no idea who the hell Laura is tells me that I should reply the original series.
DeleteMermaid queen. Donated blood to a human to save him, fell in love with him, experienced him die for monster loving, got mad and recused herself in humanity. Was fought in Part 3 in Natalia.
DeleteNo, I didn't remember what her name was either until the other guy said it.
I fixed a couple more bugs and updated the patch. The link to the patch is still the same (just click the link up top). I just took out the ability to use the Monsterpedia in-game (I don't think anyone used it there, anyway). Just go to the Extras menu if you want to use it.
ReplyDeleteI'll probably fix a few more things tomorrow and then update the full download.
I actually like browsing through the Monsterpedia during the story as some events make reference to unforgettable characters and so forth. I'm sure there's a way to fix the problem so that the Monsterpedia is accessible while in NG+'s story since, as I said before, I like to look through the Monsterpedia every now and then to reflect upon certain reference to unforgettable characters/events and so forth. :)
ReplyDeleteYou can save anywhere now, so I don't see that being such an issue. Just pop to menu and back.
DeleteStill though, i'd like for it to be functional while in the story just how it worked in the original MGQ story. I'm sure i'm not the only one who agrees with this after all.
DeleteNo I'm pretty sure you are. I don't know why you'd need to access the Monsterpedia while you're playing the actual game. As in, going to the menu in game and looking at the Monsterpedia, which I assume Ecstasy was talking about...
Delete...which is also confusing to me because I don't think that particular feature has been in the NG+ game since the beginning. For the record, the glitch I found was that winning a fight from the Monsterpedia (that you access from the menu) would actually allow the game to progress beyond the fight in a few cases.
It's weird that that bug happens, i'll admit. But I don't see why it has to be taken down when it can be fixed in time, you can't deny that.
DeleteBecause this is not a commercial release, so Ecstasy is allowed to not bore himself to death doing the most tedious and unrewarding shit fixing this god-awful interface in this half-broken code.
DeleteI'd rather he spent his time on something he actually enjoyed doing.
It will be fixed in the next patch. Removing it entirely was just the quickest method at the time.
DeleteNext patch, I'll add it back, but simply disable re-fighting enemies outside of the Extras menu. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do that anyway.
I'm assuming that problem only happens when you access the encyclopedia mid-story. I'll have to test it some more to make sure.
DeleteThis bug has happened before, and I think I remember what causes it. Scripting battles on a VN engine is a pain.
So you'll add it back it time then after ironing out the bugs and so forth? Good, I can wait for as long as it takes but that's what I wanted to hear though. :) Thank you Ecstasy, I really do appreciate it. ^^
DeleteAlso, it may sound minor to some people but I want to make sure that MGQNG+ remembers what the magic barrier surrounding the Bio Labs that La Croix watches is composed of, wouldn't want to hear just "a magic barrier" after all... ^^; Just thought i'd give a heads-up reminder plus pics of what said barrier's magic is comprised of is all. :) http://i.imgur.com/3jKkwoM.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HaQ0lO1.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jF8Ciw8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4NtxnM3.jpg
ReplyDeleteSo... Any news about the update?
ReplyDeleteNot asking for a release date (If you don't have it yet), just a heads up if you can :D
I'm guessing that an update might arrive within two or three weeks from now, just my immediate guess, could be wrong though of course. ^^; Though i'm in no rush to get the next update since making the lines, scripts and so forth is no easy task, I could tell that right away when making grammar corrections/additions to make the lines sound more better, really... ^^;
Delete