Monday, September 14, 2015

NG+ Update: What's going on




Hi.

I'm the guy who develops the NG+ mod.

All NG+ updates will be posted here from now on.


Q: Why the new blog?
A: I didn't like how the other person was running it, and he refused to give me control of it. Since I'm the one actually developing it, I think it's better if I directly post the updates myself.

Q: What does this mean for the mod?
A: Absolutely nothing. Literally all that's changed is that the developer is the one running the blog now.

Now, about the status of the mod. The last update for the part 3 demo might still take some time. The reason is that I'm working on several parts at once to get everything ready for the final release. The problem is that about 80% of the work I'm currently doing is for parts not in the demo. This probably seems weird, but I think the final result is better (and faster) when I'm not forcing myself to do one area at a time.

Hopefully, this will lead to the full part 3 release coming sooner at the cost of the demo being delayed a bit. I don't have a new date yet, but I've been working on it much more lately, so you shouldn't be worried. When I do have a concrete date, I'll update the Release Dates section in the corner. I don't want to make another release date yet, though. Because as you all know by now, if I say something's going to come out on a certain date, it's pretty much a guarantee that it won't. I'm horrible about that sort of thing. But it will be out Soon™

That's all.

51 comments:

  1. Alright, thanks again for the update Ecstasy, we all appreciate it and as always looking GREATLY forward to the next updated part 3 demo release. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fucken weird.

    Silly in the first place that the developer didn't have higher access then everybody else. I hope the other guy just gives it you control soon, because this is dumb; as in a really dumb and petty drama of pettiness.

    Out of curiosity, do you have a plan for how you will propagate the location of the new blog to others? I'm assuming many people are subscribed to the old one, and aren't going to pay attention to a comment on a weeks long post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they frequent the MGQ wiki then they will find it, otherwise, maybe the old dude will have atleast enough class to say it got moved

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how can i help you as a fan of your mod :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly believe that he/she has need of some good talented artists to make good H-scenes for the MGQNG+ project and as such, would be greatly appreciated I think, if he/she hasn't got that covered already and I dunno if he/she has got it covered already or not. That is the foremost thing that comes to my mind for me anyways, but it's a big "maybe" though of course. ^^;

      Delete
    2. Well your biggest help would be fishing for bugs and grammar errors in the NG+.
      I'm my self screwing around with several possible scenario outcomes, but nothing really worth mentioning to ecstasy..

      Delete
    3. Well, I already mentioned the "disappearing" Queen Harpy when you choose to "Talk to them" route instead of the classic "Just fight them" route, already shown what I mean when Queen Harpy briefly "disappears" in a few parts when first conversing with the female villagers of Happiness Village, dunno why that wasn't really replied to but I can spot a few grammar errors but I think that "disappearing" Queen Harpy bug is the first and foremost to be fixed atm though I believe. ^^;

      Delete
  6. Firstly, I want to thank for amazing work. Right now, I am not sure what is better; original, or NG+.
    But I'd like to ask, if you are planning to continue with your story Granberia & Tamamo: to the coliseum. I tried prequel and demo, and I think it's almost as great as NG+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's probably not going to finish it anytime soon. If you play through NG+ with Granberia as a party member, Tamamo makes a joke about the GrTa: To the Coliseum mod, to which Granberia replies something along the lines that it was either abandoned or set aside in favor of NG+

      Delete
  7. ayyy bby dun b mad, i furgiv u ,cum bak 2me <333 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait... You forgive him ? After practically blocking out access to blog you made for him ? Try opposite please.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what truly happened, but last comment maked me scream xD
    P.s.: Thanks wor your workout =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Let me hear you scream!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jlSsMPq_a4#t=2m12s Sorry... but I had to... Just once... XD lol

      Delete
  10. Where do we submit bug reports for the Part 3 demo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably there. This blog is maintained by Ectasy itself, so he will probably check this from time to time.

      Delete
  11. I found a bug in the Part 3 demo. The Refresh ability is supposed to cost only 2 Super Points, but when you use it, it consumes four.SP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little bug for me too i don't have any serene mind after i get Undine in the part 2.
    My serene mind is replaced by serene demon sword and I do not see anywhere Undine for summone her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Er did you check the second page for her? In the skills menu thing

      Delete
    2. She's not in the second page. This bug has been there since the "no Serene Mind in the Granberia fight" bug was fixed. You only get Undine on the second page after you get all four spirits, so you're forced to get her last or else the other fights become impossible.

      Delete
    3. Damn, I got her last out of all the spirits.

      Delete
    4. I'm the Unknown-It's a shame because not be able to see the scene when one invokes Salamander, Undine and Gnome in front of Sylph and she starts to cry because we caught her last.
      -Sylph:You don't even want me, do you!? You Got all the spirits and got me last!
      Luka:Huh!? But...That's not true at all!
      Sylph:*Sniff* Waaaah...Here, take your power back...I don't even want to rape you anymore!
      -Omg! This and the rest of the meeting with the Spirits are just too funny! Too bad we can't see that ...

      Delete
    5. Doing that really upset me though. I felt like I really hurt her, you know? i mean, I get that she's annoying, but come on, cut the girl some slack yea?

      Delete
  13. Are their plans to package everything into a fully up-to-date patch? Because im no longer sure what i do and do not instal into the MGQ folder for your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know she isn't very much loved and this may probably be unnecessary but will we get the chance to prevent Emily dying by her mother's (Cassandra) actions once Luka goes to Lady's Village to take care of the issue there? I'm not saying that she has to join Luka's party or anything, just a chance to save her from her mother's actions is all. I have no doubt that i'm not the only one who thought about this and i'm hoping we get a chance to prevent Emily's death in MGQNG+, would be a very neat idea, imho anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I think similar thing about Truth Seekers group, after playing side story Unwanted. If not watched, coexistence could wipe out humans in few generations because of shortage of men (monster girls born only girls). They could be able to do something with it, if they'll don't end dead (not counting Lucia, she was alive at the end).

      Delete
    2. Agree, I do feel sorry for her and would like her to live.

      Delete
    3. While saving Emily might be nice, it's only helpful if it changes her world-view as well. If we don't do anything about that, she'll just grow to eventually be as big a threat as her mother.

      Granted, having her mother try to kill her, and being saved by the guy that just beat her might just do the trick, but that alone would rarely be enough to induce a full paradigm shift in someone.


      Personally, I'm more interested in Plansect Village.

      Originally, Luka was played like a fool by both sides, and only got a good ending by literally defeating every member of both tribes that were fighting, letting the peaceful ones return to power.

      I'm hoping for a more....diplomatic approach this time.

      Delete
    4. I'm really looking forward to Grangold and Gold Port. Grangold because I'm interested in whether Luka will be able to prevent rebellion there. Gold Port for a couple reasons. First, I want to see how the situation with Lazarus will be resolved. Second, I want to see how Luka deals with the Beelzebubs this time around. I wonder if he'll be fighting to kill from the outset, or if he'll stick with Angel Halo for the battle. Cause in the original, it never did show the fate of the Beelzebub Luka sealed with Angel Halo.

      Delete
    5. @Unknown I don't agree on your opinion of Emily. Her outlook might change if Luka saves her from being killed by her mother. After all, look what happened with El, the Princess Mermaid. She was taught to hate humans, but was touched by Luka selflessly rescuing her form the Sea Anemone, and started to think that humans might not be so bad after all. Maybe the same will happen with Emily.

      Delete
    6. El had never actually MET a human before, her mother made sure of that.

      Emily's already met, fed on, and killed many; HER mother made sure of that.

      Delete
    7. I know. What I'm trying to say is that if Luka shows her mercy and saves her DESPITE Emily having tried to eat him. Perhaps Luka saving her from being killed by her mother will cause her to re-examine her opinion of humanity. Maybe, maybe not.
      After all, Cassandra is the only person Emily feels any sort of attachment to, and if Cassandra tries to eat her, Emily might realize that her mother doesn't truly care about her.

      Delete
    8. The Pandora's Box was given to Tamomo by Alice as hiding it in the sea didn't work and couldn't risk opening by accident again. Queen ant will still be pissed and the magi science guild in gold port won't just listen to Luka

      Delete
    9. @jchris1_2000 Incorrect about the Box. The box was opened by Captain Selene, and realizing what she had done, used one of her treasures to create a barrier, sealing off her ship from the outside world. Alice merely handled the task of eliminating them. I doubt Tamamo knew about this. Also, the Magi Science Guild was in Grangold, not Gold Port. When I mentioned Gold Port, I was referring to Lazarus and Ilias Kruez.

      Delete
    10. @Toskin Not necessarily true. Powerful monsters can choose the gender of their offspring, as Alice did at the end of MGQ. Not sure if this is exclusive to the Fateburn bloodline though.

      Delete
    11. @Trekkie5690... Actually, her mother trying to kill her for being weak could MASSIVELY strengthen the belief in the strong killing the weak, regardless of emotional bonds.

      You can never predict how an event will affect someone psychologically, because everyone has different reactions to extreme stimuli.

      Delete
    12. @Unknown What I'm trying to say is that Emily would have been saved because of the strong showing mercy to the weak, rather than the strong killing the weak.

      Delete
    13. Yes selene opened it but upon sealing them on the ship they were placed back in the box and Alice said she would give it to Tamamo when seeing her again

      Delete
    14. @jchris1_2000 You really need to replay MGQ. Only one of the Beelzebubs was sealed; Alice killed the other two.

      Delete
  15. Found another bug in the Part 3 demo. The Monsterpedia entry for the Crab Girl doesn't appear after you view her rape scene. (Note: It worked fine in the previous demo update).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ecstasy, I'm not sure where else to put this so I'll just leave it here: In case you're still looking for help with the project, I can test for bugs and fix any typing, grammatical or formatting errors in the text. Maybe that helps?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see this back up again. Wasn't sure if the 'Private' status was a mistake or intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I realize that it it's going to be a VERY long time before this happens, but if Luka and his chosen Heavenly Knight (my preferred knight being none other than Granberia *or Alma Elma as I like her and her veiled 'cursed legacy' as well, I really do... ^^* of course :P ) take down ILLiASS *coughDeeth'spreferredsistercoughcough* at the end before the finale event starts then I think there should be an alternative end to the fight of ILLiASS going all "What...? WHAT?! How could I lose to a human...?! NNNNOOOOOOOOO!! *vanishes into the realm of the afterlife*" since i'd love to see that, seeing as how I managed to get two rare accomplishments such as that in the regular MGQ story, take a look... :D http://i.imgur.com/zbM8l9T.jpg http://i.imgur.com/werdq1H.png Both are from seperate fight redos, I assure you... Given my absolute opposition to God/Goddesses... of ANY kind, even in RL (no, I am not horseshitting around, don't believe in God or any of that crap, please refer here as it makes a good step in that general direction, thank you :> http://mechaganon.deviantart.com/art/Why-God-is-a-Control-Freak-62968681 Godless Golden Age ftw! <3 ) it happened. And again, I realize this is a VERY long ways off, it still would be a good idea to keep in mind when crossing that bridge, since i'd seriously love to see it happen, I really would... ^-^ And in case anyone is interested I replace both of ILLiASS's fight themes with one song that fits SOOO much better, imho anyways. :P http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rx7ckruwrfzdakw/irias2.ogg (did the same thing for her final form, just copy the file, replace the "2" with "3" instead, replace it over the old one *back both up in case you want to switch back of course ^^; * and you're done :) Still want to find a version that plays just like the original during the fight with Chaos, then it'd feel complete, ah well. XP ) Just wanted to throw that out there, since I can't be the only one who got ILLiASS defeated before the finale event in MGQ. It's a rare occurrence I know but still doable nonetheless and it'd be great if MGQNG+ could have an alternative end to ILLiASS's Final Form fight as stated above before the "final blow" happens, really :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... I JUST recently managed to get the finale event... without Micaela ever even leaving to take Granberia to safety, that's the first time it's happened in that order, how unexpectingly awesome, no bullshit. XD lol

      Delete
    2. Proof in point: http://i.imgur.com/XFh9tUz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/bVDSCME.jpg http://i.imgur.com/e5GQfND.jpg ^-^

      Delete
    3. How does the cutscene continue? Luka does his giga, awakens in bed, something else?

      Delete
  19. Just as normal unfortunately, since the normal version of MGQ's story wasn't really set to deliver anything from the ordinary result after defeating Ilias unfortunately, just something for the MGQNG+ project to think about once they reach this stepping stone of course. :P

    ReplyDelete